Monday, July 21, 2008

7 Pages

Sailing


Last night I shored up chapter 6, sent it out to my lovely CP, who bounced it right back to me with everything she found highlighted for easy seek and destroy. So now there are only two chapters left to go with my story. Woot! I separated them on computer, and printed them up. I knew in advance these two would need more work than any of the others, but still...7 pages. That is all that's left of this manuscript to rewrite. 7 pages.

After fixing everything CP caught in the chapter 6 draft, I took seven with me to the den with a red sharpie, my lap desk, and put in Pan's Labyrinth in the DVD player. I plucked and pruned the entire piece while watching the movie. And boy is it bloody...the manuscript! I saved maybe five lines on the first page of that chapter, and the rest of it is pretty much the same. Lots of it will be culled, but I guess that's a good thing since adding my new and improved! chapter six to the final file, I have only 1055 words to work with before I'm over my allowed limit. Whew! It's going to take careful crafting to get everything in there. The last thing I want is for the final chapter to feel rushed. I may end up having to go back through the story again and cut excess from somewhere when I get the final 2 bits in place. We'll see.

At any rate, it's coming along. I'd hoped to get this thing out by August 1st, so I'm pleased with the progress. I think when hubby gets sent out, I'll probably still have some clean up left to do, but nothing I won't be able to handle with the kids underfoot. Hubby made his calls this morning, and he's waiting for people to hit him back. He dressed Mini this morning and they've taken the Jeep for an oil change. Necessary stuff.

I'm tackling laundry today. I'm ashamed to admit I've let it go while trying to sort through this book. I've got a load in the washer now, and at least two more in the bucket in the hallway. :P

I better get to it and open Chapter 7 before the guys return. Monday, Monday... Yep, that time again. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. 7 pages is nothing! You can absolutely tackle that! :D *cheers* You're soooo close! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((hugs)) Thanks, Isabelle! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.