Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Release Day...and a contest


I'm happy to announce that Weirdly 2 is out today at Wild Child Publishing. http://www.wildchildpublishing.com/

Weirdly Volume II: Eldritch the first non-romance I've worked on at this level, and I'm really happy to be a part of it. If you're into strange stories, suspence, horror, and the paranormal, I hope you'll check out this book. There are some super cool stories in there!

Here is the official blurb:

From paranormal to weird, from chilling to odd to scary, Weirdly Volume 2: Eldritch will sate your lust for strangeness in bite-sized pieces. Each tale weaves its own spell. Vampires, beasts, ghosts, evil creatures and, of course, every day people inhabit Weirdly’s pages.

Soldiers must reach their destination before the undead get to them first... What does the picture on the wall mean to Jen? Fate holds something in store for Lewis—but is it what he wants? Lillie embarks on another quest... Is the young man who sees and hears fluffy beings insane? An old letter urges a young woman to the train station—but is the train that puffs into view real? All these tales and more. Dare you read them?




..::Want to win a copy of Weirdly 2?::..


It's been a long time since I've run a contest here on home blog, so I'm going to fix that right now! I'm going to make winning simple. All you have to do is post in the comments on this thread between now and Friday and you'll be entered to win a free pdf copy of Weirdly 2, and a promotional pack of signed author book cards and book marks. Lots of good stuff in there, so don't be shy!

I'll announce a winner Friday around noon, CST. If enough folks see this and post in the comments, I'll sweeten the deal and choose 2 winners. Tell your friends!


On a completely different topic...


I now have both of those missing scenes on my Harlequin Bite written in. Woohoo! Now I just need to tweak the ending a bit, and flesh out a very very hot love scene toward the middle, and it will be ready for a full print out and edit. It won't be much longer now before it's ready for the big send off.

I'm excited, and a little nervous at the same time. I have my fingers crossed on this one. I don't doubt that I can find a home for this story, but I'd reeeaaally like to see it end up at Harlequin. I suppose if it's meant to be... you know the saying. *wink*

I'm off for now! I hope you've all had a wonderful Tuesday. ^_^

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations on another release Miss Zane! You are one BUSY beaver. :) I am sooo proud of you. YAY.

    And man, that Bite story is really coming along. Keep it up! *cheers*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the release of Weirdly Volume II: Eldritch. It sounds great. :)

    Please enter me in your contest. ;)

    Oh, and I just wanted to ask you, where are the guidelines for Weirdly? Or is it via invitation only?

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the release! Woohoo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cora, I'll always love your prose, you fab woman, you!

    Yolanda, I usually browse blogs and talent hunt for the Weirdly books, though you can submit for Weirdly III in a couple of months. I'll announce it on my blog when I'm ready to tackle Weirdly III. Subs must be in by April 2009, ready for the book release in June 2009.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Isabelle - and I'm sooo close to having the Bite story ready. Every day I work on it I feel like I'm missing finishing it off totally by a mere inch. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Yolanda! You're entered, btw.

    I see M.E. posted on the submissions guidelines, and she's the one in the know. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Bunny! (And you're officially entered.) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, ME! I'm looking forward to Weirdly 3. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new release. It sounds awesome and I hope I'm able to read it soon. (Although I don't seem to have much time for the reading lately...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to see a new release. I'm always looking for more stuff to read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. please enter me! would love to to win the pdf and ,loveeeeee goodies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cora, the Weirdly Volume II book certainly sounds intriguing. And congrats on having your Bite novel almost finished. I hope Harlequin picks it up for you and I'll be on the lookout for it. Really glad I finally joined the MMC blog after a few months ghosting. :)

    BTW: sorry if this posts twice. Techno gremlins attacked while trying to post the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted to add to the mix and say my own congratulations, sugar!

    You and your stories totally rock, but then, you know I'm a fan! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Release Day Cora!

    Congrats on finishing your Bite scenes.

    Hugs, Danette

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much M.E and Cora. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you beloved WIP finds a home with Harlequin!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks bunches, Kealie! I'd really love to join their author stable. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^