Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Getting ready for vacation...

Hubby called me today and told me it's concrete - this is his last week in Lake Charles. He also told me to start making reservations for our vacation. Woot!

Our plans are to spend a few days in Helen, Georgia. (Right outside of Cleveland.) I've been wanting to go to Babyland General Hospital, where they make the soft sculptured Cabbage Patch Kids, so that's on our list of stops this year. They're currently building a new BLGH, so this could be my one and only chance to see the original before they close it. Hubby, bless his heart, is indulging me on this one. Also while we're in the state, there are a few other places we plan to go. Oldest wants to go to the Mall of America, and we want to take the kids tubing - I'm sure they will have a blast with this. Hubby mentioned a particular museum, but after talking about CPK's I'm having a brainfart about the intellectual side of the trip. :*)

We plan to go by car, so the kids will also get to see places like Vicksburg and Jackson, and other places that are there along I-20. I really need to break out the maps and start charting a course.

We've taken into account Mini might not like sitting in a car seat for that long, so we plan to make frequent stops - oh, and we're taking a portible DVD player. Ha! Before we go, however, I must brave the unthinkable and shop for a swim suit. Why, oh, why didn't I go on a diet back in December?

On the writing front, I'm still tinkering here and there. I wrote about 1400 words yesterday, and I hope to add to that tonight.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, shows my knowledge of the US is poor (and I thought it was pretty good) See to me, Cleveland's in Ohio, the Mall of America is in Minneapolis and Georgia is near neither of those. (I'm taking it there's a MoA in Georgia and a second Cleveland in GA as well?)

    Good to hear Hubby's letting you go to BGH, and that he'll be home for a while - Mini will be glad of that, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always bring a dvd player along too. And I love having it separate from the vehicle because then we can bring it in the motels and such too. :-) Don't forget to bring both the car and the wall chargers though--done that one before. :-(

    Oh and I had to laugh reading Leah's comment...I had the exact same thoughts to the point I reread your post several times and finally just decided...you must have a Mall of America over there? Never heard of it though. And then 1-20...really had me laughing because then I REALLY had you going all over the country...to right here in Iowa. Which of course would have been truly cool if you had...I might have been able to meet you! :-) Outside of blog land that is. :-)

    Oh and I stole your picture for my desktop---it just looked soooo devine. :-)

    Have a good one!
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun, sis! And don't go to wild in the Cabbage Patch factory. Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, when are you going? And how long will you be there? I'm going back home again in August, and that's not far from Commerce GA. Any chance I could tempt you to come up into the mountains? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Leah! ^_^ You're spot on. All those places are in Georgia too. Hubby once worked a project near the MoA in Georgia, and Cleveland is the home of the Cabbage Patch Kids - heehee!

    Mini is very ready to see his daddy, we all are. It will be nice to actually be able to talk to him face to face in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! Thanks for the tip, Cole. I'll tell hubby about both adapters. We don't want to get stuck without power for that thing. Mini will be going bonkers. "But I WANT to watch it, Mimi!" *_*

    Wow, all the way in Iowa!! 1-20 gets us just about everywhere we go in state. To hear you mention Iowa - wow, I didn't realize it ran that far. I know that's probably weird to say, but when you take the road all the time you get familiar with that stretch of it...know what I mean.

    If I ever do get over that way, I'll be sure to get in touch so we can meet up for lunch or something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. TK! ((tackle hugs))

    I'm going to try my very, very best to be good at Cabbage Land. Heehee! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ann, I know where you're talking about! :) Thanks so much for the invitation. If I could get out that way in August I'd be happy to drop in and say hello, but as it stands we're leaving in a few days. I'm just waiting for hubby to come in from Lake Charles and get rested for a day before we take off.

    We're going to spend all next week on the road, and we'll probably spend 1-2 nights in Helen, then 1 night for every other location. Our route ideally, will be to head north and visit Helen/Cleveland first, then head down the state until we reach water. LOL! We're planning to take the kids to the beach while we're there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^