Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Get Into The Groove, Boy

Today's pic is the Tybee Island Historic Lighthouse in Georgia. I took several shots of it from different angles that last day were were on Tybee Island. The lighting was just right, and everything turned out really clear. I'm happy about that. My parents were hoping I'd get in some lighthouse pics.

I finished filling out a set of interview questions yesterday, and sent them in to Ann Lory. She's featuring me in her next newsletter, and I talk about everything from favorite authors to current projects. If interested, please sign up for her newsletter at www.annlory.com. I will say, interviews aside, she puts out one of the best author newsletters I've ever seen, and it comes in pdf format. I was mightily impressed, to say the least. Be sure to check her out!

I read recently that Harlequin Blaze is going to start putting out historicals soon. I guess that rumor that historicals are taking off again is true. Everywhere I've looked in recent months, there is a request for historicals, particularly regencies. If this is your market, apply thee haunches to a computer chair. Seriously. Your work is in demand!

I've never had much flair for writing historicals. I tend to stumble over the facts, and worry about making timeline mistakes. I'd like to try my hand a scottish historical someday, but I think I need a bit more experience first.

Today's the day I'm breaking out the wip again. I didn't have time to get in a single word yesterday; I'm still getting things sort after our trip. I really need to take care of some business it town, but I can't do anything until my new checks arrive! Yikes! It's always something...

Anyway, I hope you're all having a wonderful Wednesday. And I promise to get around and visit you all this afternoon. It's long overdue!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE historicals but I don't write them for the same reason you don't! I'm always afraid of making a HUGE mess of the facts. And there's always SOOO much to research.

    Good luck on your WIP! Let me know how it goes!

    I'm trying to work out a few kinks on a chapter but I keep hitting a brick wall. *swishes pom poms* So I'll cheer you on for a bit Ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.