Friday, June 27, 2008

Contest Winners and...hey, it's Friday!

Heaven on Earth ~ Ocean of Joy

So today is Weirdly 2 drawing day! I have everyone's names on paper tabs and tossed into my pink, Tybee Island ball cap. So here we go, giving the lucky hat a shake.
And the name of the first winner is...

Cory!

And now, one more time. Reaching into the hat for another winner...

Beth Caudill!



Congrats, ladies! *confetti* You've both just won a free pdf copy of Weirdly 2 and a fun promo pack filled with signed author cards, bookmarks, and other nifty little paper goodies.

Email me at corazane@aol.com with Weirdly 2 Winner in the subject line, and I'll send the pdf file. Please include a snail mail address in the body of the mail so I can get your your prize pack to you. ^_^



Now with the homefront news... Chancey is doing much, much better. Thank you so much for all the well wishes and thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it. Chancey has been getting up slowly but surely now and again since late yesterday, and he's walking again, allbeit a bit shakily. He's started to scratch at the door when he needs to go out, and this is all a HUGE improvement over the other day, when he could barely lift his head to drink. How is that for the power of positive thought! Again, thank you soooo much for those positive vibes.

Hubby will be home until they call him onto the next project, so this will give me time to start cleaning up my BITE for submission. I started on it last night, and read about a third of the way into it before I got too tired to stay up. I didn't realize until I got up it was about 2 in the morning. Yikes!

That's going to be the gist of the weekend, pretty much. Editing, and doggy watching. ;) BTW!!! Before I forget, run, run RUN to www.Tor.com today and if you haven't already, sign up for their free weekly newsletter. Every week they give away free desktop wallpapers - oh, and FREE EBOOKS! They love us, I swear they do. This week's free ebook is, oh gosh, I can barely stand it: Battlestar Galactica! *school girl squee!*

I will likely read this thing while sitting with the family tonight. It's based on the TV series, so I'm assuming this must be based on the initial episode. I'll have to read it and see.

That's it for me today. I hope you all have a fun weekend! ~_^

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear he's doing better! I was so worried for him!

    That's a beautiful picture, too. I just stared at it in awe. I love stormy skies over ominous looking water. ;)

    Congrats to the winners!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news about Chancey!

    And *squee*ing right along with you - I downloaded my copy of BG this morning too!

    Good luck on the editing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabelle, Leah, he really is doing soooo much better. Thanks so much for the kind words. He's up and about and has been very lovey too...coming up and putting his head on my knee and stuff. What a relief that is too see him not look so helpless, ya know? I couldn't sleep last night worrying about the vet!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^