Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

So today is Mommy's Day. Hubby is home from traveling for the weekend, and right at the moment he's in town with Mini trying to see what it would cost us to switch cell phone services. When they get back from that, we're all going over to my parents' house for Dad's birthday party and to give mom a mother's day card and gift. This year I bought her a huge teacup with saucer for planting. She mentioned wanting one, and I think it's adorable. For dad, since he's kinda picky and hard to shop for, I bought him a prepaid Visa so he could either get heat transfers for his press, or buy him some techy gadgety thing. His tastes vary widely so this way he can get something he either wants, or will use.

Sometime today, after birthday parties and laundry duty, I plan to add another 1k to my HQN wip. It's coming along slowly but surely, although I will admit I should be further along with it than I am right now. It's been harder than usual to keep myself in the computer chair for any length of time, and that's kind of bugging me. This past week I'd sit down after the kids were in bed and find myself almost too tired to sit with the computer on my lap. I gotta break that habit, even if it means swapping out my writing hours to early mornings. It doesn't do me any good to try a keep a schedule if nothing productive is happening.

That's about it for me today. It's been a slow morning, and I think I'm gonna go take advantage of the quiet of the house while it lasts. Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day, Cora - don't forget to take some time to pamper yourself. You deserve it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Cora- hope it was a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies :) Happy Mother's Day to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day with your family! You must have if you got a little peace and quite for a bit;o) Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Happy Mommy's Day! Bear and I took my mum out to her favorite place for breakfast--Cracker Barrel.

    They are gonna have to wheel me out in a barrel, I swear! Whew. But worth it, ya know? Yum.

    Mum totally enjoyed it too and she loves shopping in the gift shop.

    Hope your Mommy's Day and your Dad's birthday were super.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^