Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Gray and Rainy

Hubby left for Lake Charles at 3 am this morning. I got up to see him out the door, and brought his clothes out for him. I washed them all yesterday, dried and folded them so all he'd have to do is take them and put them in the drawers back at his room. He told me last week since I didn't have time to fold them, he just dumped them all in the drawers back at the hotel. Proof positive that my guys don't fold nothin'. :S

I took advantage of the slow day today. I did the housework early on and made some blog rounds before opening HQN wip. I worked on that on and off throughout the day, and I'm happy to say I made my base 10k word count this afternoon. Woot! So now to wrap up the story, no more stressing over the length. I hope to have it ready to print up this Friday. If I can reach that goal, I'll use the weekend to divide the chapters, and start pruning and red penning everything.

My RWA membership was confirmed today. I got the magic email, so I went looking for the info to join my local chapter. I downloaded the membership application over at the NOLA website, and I plan to fill that all out tonight. I have to make a run to the post office tomorrow, so I'll drop that in that mail in the morning sometime so it will be on the way. It doesn't take things long to reach Shreveport from here, mail is same or next day.

Hopefully over the summer I'll get to attend one or two of the meetings. It's in an area that's pretty easy to get to, so if the guys have nothing they want to do Shreveport/Bossier-ish, I should be able to take off on my own without too much drama. lol We'll see...

Nothing really spectacular happened today, nothing report worthy. Oldest is damn happy there are only two days of school left. He's made plans to stay over with friends this Friday, and I'm okay with that. So Friday night it will be just me and the Minibeast. Oh, and Battlestar Galactica. *_* I am counting the hours until the next episode. I don't know what's up with the 6 model and Hera, but I've hit a few "conspiracy" boards that have my noodle going. But I digress...

Not a bad day at all today. I feel like I've accomplished something, even if I'm not completely finished with my story. Soon, I keep telling myself. Soon enough.

I hope you all had a snazzy Tuesday.

6 comments:

  1. So now that you belong, any plans to attend nationals next year, when they're in DC? I'm thinking of going. :)
    P.S. I tagged you for a meme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you reach your goal by Friday! You can do it. So now your an offical member of the RWA? Congrats girl! What does it all consist of to be a member?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you joined the RWA! I'm so excited for you. :) I've been planning on it myself, but, well, it'll be a while. Car notes to pay and all. ;)

    Being part of a chapter must be nice though! The encouragement alone makes it worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ann! I'll use your meme for tomorrow's post, k? Not too sure about nationals in DC. I'm considering RT though. The NOLA con next Feb/March is a definite though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Crystal! I think all you need to join RWA is the desire to get published? That and the fees. *_* I've been weighing it a long time, and since my area chapter seems very encouraging I decided to give it a go. We'll see what happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you on those car notes, Isabelle! *_*

    I'm excited about my local chapter, though. They're they main reason for wanting to join, otherwise I'm pretty sure I would've put off joining for a while longer. They really impressed me at the conference though. They're active, and stay on top of what's going on with their members. *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.