Friday, May 30, 2008

Got To Give It Up

So, I've been procrastinating all day. Yep. Guilty as charged. I know there's work to be done, but I open my wip, take one look, and I'm like one of the kids when I tell them to clean up their mess. You know, that whole, boneless flop-down thing kids do? Yeah, well, I wanna do that when I open Word. I wanna flop bonelessly onto the floor and stay there. See, mom, no bones. I can't work. Nevertheless, I plan to - I need to - finish cleaning up chapter 2 and get it sent out for crit'ing. Even if it takes me to midnight. And at this rate, it just might.

Dr. Who and BSG are coming on tonight. Gotta see what's going on there, so I have to have all my ducks in a row by this evening: writing, kids, chores. I'm not so worried about the house today because it's looking like Hubby might not be able to come home this weekend. His boss wants the job finished next week if they can at all swing it, and that means putting in extra hours. I really don't mind it if it means he gets to come home for a stretch afterward.

Tomorrow I'm taking Oldest over to mom's to house sit their doggy. The parents are going to TX to bring home a living room set for me, but to also spend mom's birthday there. She'll visit gram and her brother and sisters and do a bit of catching up. She's hoping her baby brother will be able to drop in and visit, but she doesn't think he will. She called me today extremely upset because he had a heart attack only last week, and was told his heart valves are in a really poor shape. He's being forced into retirement because of his health, but he's swearing up and down he won't do it until he pays off his truck. Sounds like he's still got that fighting spirit to me.

I guess we'll hang around the house this weekend. I have to get some writing done for one thing, but there's a copy of The Mist in the den that I haven't watched yet. Oldest took it to his room and he watched it, told me it was pretty brutal, which is kind of a suprise since I thought it would be more psychological than anything. We will see...

That's it for me today. I hope you all have a snazzy-rific Friday!

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I've actually started research for an all new story in order to majorly procrastinate. I kind of hate ALL of my current projects. Which doesn't bode well for me no matter what I do. *sigh*

    I have to get on those edits for Z. AND... I HAVE to finish my futuristic WIP for mid-summer. But I totally am just blanking. Gah. Can I just go hide somewhere?

    Enjoy your weekend, Cora! Hanging around the house is not so bad. Sometimes we need those relaxing weekends, you know? HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good weekend Cora! I like hanging around the house - that's what I do most often on the weekends, really. LOL

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your just taking it easy this weekend and not writing...just hangin out and relaxing. That way when you do feel you want to get back to it you'll have a freshness about it;o) Good luck and hope you DID have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.