Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Everythings a'changing

I'm am god-awful-rump-dragging tired this morning, but I am here nonetheless, and I have a proclaimation to make: I am a new fan of Diana Palmer.

I just read Once in Paris and I loved it. I really like her writing voice in this story, and now that I've read it I want to run out and buy every Diana Palmer book I've never read.

While at the library yesterday with Mini and Oldest, I picked up a copy of Sara Gabriel's Stealing Sophie. I remember admiring the cover - very 80s clinch - at Books A Million. I can't remember why I didn't buy it (more than likely, a warning look from hubby), but whatever the case I ended up walking out without it. I could've kicked myself afterward, because as much as I planned to come back and buy it later, by the time I remembered I wanted it I'd forgotten the title and the name of the characters. I did remember the cover, though, and when I pulled it off the shelf for a peek, I did a silent, mini-squee.

Speaking of books, I got my contract sigs back yesterday for Weirdly 2. Woohoo! I suppose it won't be much longer before the book is out. I could be wrong about that, but everything was set tentatively for June anyway, so the guess really isn't so much of a stretch. I'm a bit excited about this one, I admit. I read the first book and loved it, and I can't wait to see what comes up in this second book.

That's it for me today - am I the only one surprised at how fast this week is going by? Tomorrow's Thursday for goodness sake!

6 comments:

  1. The week is going by so quickly. Congratulations! You have a story in Weirdly 2, or am I thinking about the wrong thing? In any case, you have work coming out, so congrats. ;*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Cora. Get some rest! You don't want to burn out. Might make you sick! *sends positive vibes*

    I have a rule about purchasing books. If I walk by it once and it catches my eye, (but for whatever reason I leave it behind), the second time is purchase time. Obviously it stuck with me enough to remember something about it, so usually I take that as a good sign.

    I'm glad it's Thursday tomorrow. Day off! *happy dance*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, demon, I'm so glad it's not only me that feels the week going by fast. I've kinda had that whole time warp thing going on since Saturday - not sure what day it is, etc. Maybe it's that whole alien abduction / missing time thing? ^_^

    Anyway, yes! I've got 2 stories coming up in Weirdly 2. A Trick of Light, and The Ghost Train. I'm pretty excited about it. I can't wait to see what every else's stories are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the good vibes, Iz. :) On my book buying trips I try to get all the ones that I've been itching to get my hands on, but there are always a few that catch my eye and I make a mental note for later. Stealing Sophie was one. So glad I found that book!

    BTW, I have an email (book stuff) to send you later tonight once Mini bear is snoozing. If by some chance I fall asleep while trying to get him to snooze, I'll send it first thing in the AM. *thumbs up*

    Have fun on your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are NOT the only one. I needed to get my revisions to MOL done this wee k so I could get it to Leah and then I had to work all week. In this case it's a good thing the week is flying by. I used to love Diana Palmer BTW but haven't read her in years.

    You're tagged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And congratulations big time on another one!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^