Saturday, April 26, 2008

Weekends and Books

So I thought hubby would be in last night, but instead he has to work today. He's hoping for a rain out so he can make it in a little early. Mini is looking for him. Oldest doesn't come out of the fungus cave long enough to do anything but raid the fridge, so it's hard to tell. I'm sure he misses his dad around too.

I took a few pics of some "cabbages" this morning and added them to my doll group. Spring Event is going on at Babyland General Hospital, and sadly I can't go. ~_~* We plan to make a trip there sometime in May, but that will take careful scheduling. There are 3 family birthdays in May, we're supposed to handle a survey for my parents, and Oldest will be getting out of school for the summer. Oy vey. Makes me tired just thinking of it.

Sometime thereabouts, during all that chaos, we're going to BLGH. They are building a new facility that should be up and running sometime around Christmas this year, and I want to see the old one before they shut it down. It's an actual old hospital, complete with husband's waiting room - back in the dark ages there was a time when men weren't allowed into the delivery rooms with their wives. Giving birth, it was indecent, ya know.

So I'm on a new chapter with my urban fantasy. My heroine is in a very tight situation that could end up with her being monster chow, if she can't figure out how to get out of it. I am not telling her anything. She's going to have to tough it out the best she can, and if she ends up bloodied and bruised, well...what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. ^_^

Yesterday I finally broke down and refiled my phone numbers on the national Do Not Call List. We were registered before, but of course, after so long the numbers expire. Well, I went back last October to renew it, but it said my #'s were already registered and I couldn't do anything about it until it expired. After four telemarketer calls yesterday, I went and checked on my phone status. Thankfully it let me relist all my numbers. I gotta tell ya. I realize telemarketers are trying to make a living, but if one of them were to wake Mini up right after I'd put him down for a nap. Hm. I'm afraid they might've gotten a taste of my snarly side. So far so good. It's almost noon and I haven't received a single call. I was under the impression it takes a month or two for the numbers to make the list, but I'm certainly not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Want to try your hand at winning a free book? I'm doing a weekend book giveaway over at the Midnight Moon Cafe. All you have to do is post in the comments of the appropriate thread and you're entered! If you have time and you're so inclined, drop by and take a peek.

That's about it for me today. I'm going to write a bit more before Mini's nap time. I hope you all have a relaxing Saturday!

7 comments:

  1. Hey, Just stopped by to say Hi. I'm slowly recovering from my week in Pittsburgh, and then I had a conference today to go to. So I'm once again trying to catch up on my sleep. Hope to get caught up on my blog hopping eventually (and my unpacking). Hope your weekend is going well (what's your temp- I'm trying to put off turning on the ac).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cora.

    I feel the need to share with you and your readers.

    I live in NY and it's supposed to snow on Tuesday.

    Snow, Cora. NY. Tuesday. April.

    wtf?

    jenji

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I wish we had a do-not-call list up here in Canada. These telemarketers just do not give up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann, welcome home! I'm going to be looking for all the RT news over at your blog!!!

    Our temp is in the comfortable 70ish, and a bit rainy at the moment. We've had some days in the 90s - good sitting in the yard weather. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor, Jenji, are you sick of that snow yet? It has been some crazy weather this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leah, I'm surprised there isn't one in Canada. Maybe you can fire off an email to a politician in your area and put a bug in their ear about starting one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cora,

    Long time no speak. *smile* I just wanted to let you know that I "officially" tagged you for one of those "6 Random Things About You" posts on my blog. Here is the link to the post.

    Warm regards,
    Michelle Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^