Saturday, April 12, 2008

Weekend Madness


I totally missed blogging yesterday. Hubby took Mini Bear out for a drive while I did a bit of cleaning. I washed rugs and changed sheets, and stuff like that. I also finished a crochet project I started months ago. It's a heart shaped table topper. I'll have to take some pictures of it to share.

I also finished reading The Empath by Bonnie Vanak. This is probably the most original werewolf/shifter story I've read in a while. I've never read one where they incorporated werewolf diseases, etc. into the book, but in this one the heroine is a veterinarian who has no idea she is a Draicon shifter. An evil werewolf has infected her beloved dog and she's trying to save her; meanwhile her mate must protect her from the infected werewolves who want to kill her, because she's supposed to be prophesied to destroy the evil werewolf leader. My description of the book is pre-coffee; it's really far better than I described it. If you're a shifter lover, this one is worth a look.

Speaking of books, today In The Gloaming is the TRS Book of the Day Giveaway book. So if you wanted to try and win a copy, hop over there and put in your entry.

Hubby is leaving for Lake Charles tomorrow. I don't know how long he'll be gone on this next job, but it's close enough that he'll be able to drive home on the weekends. While he's away, I plan to remodel the bathroom. I already have new wallpaper and paint ready to go. Oh yeah, and sometime during all that I plan to get something written. I just haven't decided what yet. ^_^

That's it for me. I need to get working on a potato salad. We're having a BBQ over at my parent's house today.

Whatever your plans, I hope you have a relaxing Saturday.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Cora, getting ready for this cold front. I'm still working on my partial requested at Shreveport Conf.

    Today, I played a little with something new. You have to take a little break and do some domestic stuff now and then don't you?

    Good luck on the bathroom. I've been trying to get my husband to go somewhere for a week so I could turn our kitchen into a Mexican cafe. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was busy, between the dayjob and getting ready for RT. And I leave Tuesday! Don't feel ready. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cora!

    Could you come up here and help me paint my office? LOL. I need a splash of color somethin' desperate. :)

    See, told you that was a good book. Vanak is one of my new favorites. I hope she writes more of the paranormal stuff. She has a keen eye and sense for it.

    Love ya,
    Cass

    oh, p.s. You missed the Spring Fling, but it was a ragin' success! Woot! Whew am I tired! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marley, yes, I dragged out my bunny slippers. It was freezing cold when I crawled out of bed this morning. I can't get over these shifts in temperature. One day we're running the A/C, the next I'm wearing sweatshirts around the house.

    Turning your kitchen into a Mexican cafe...how gorgeous that sounds! Maybe you can shoo him out sometime so you can make the transformation :)

    Good luck with that partial! I'm rooting for you. Still no word from the agent I pitched to. I'm back to working on that story now, and I guess if I don't hear from her by the time it's finished I'll shop it around to a few other agents before subbing it directly. We will see.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, take tons and tons of pictures! Have fun at RT, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cass! Sure thing, what color should be go with? Terracotta? Sunshine yellow? Ocean Blue? I guess it's that whole spring fever thing getting into me.

    And by the way, Spring Fling?! What did I miss? Do I want to know? :S

    *always missing the fun stuff!*

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.