Thursday, April 17, 2008

Meh... With Pictures

I'm having one of those restless, what should I do? kind of days. I could be writing, but I open my wip, take one look at it and go "meh". It doesn't feel romance-y enough. I don't know what it is. I think it's probably because there's so much action going on. The characters never stay in one place long enough to "stare into each other's eyes" as it were. They gotta have some downtime or they're never going to fall in love.

I thought about all this while painting yesterday. At one point I thought Mini was deliberately trying to knock me on my arse. To paint the strip of wall around the top of the shower, I basically took the can of paint, stuck it in the shampoo niche. I stood with one foot on each side of the tub. Mini kept trying to climb in with me, and knocked it his Backyardigan pirate boat into it - right beneath my feet TWICE. Little booger! Ah well...I can't do any more work on the bathroom until I buy more paint tomorrow anyway.

I finished reading that Charlotte Lamb book, btw. Not one of her best, but good all the same. I shelved it after I read it, and now I need to dig through my TBR stack and start on a new read. I've been sort of tackling the old Harlequins Presents I've been saving because they're varied and have a shorter length. That is the only line, aside from Nocturne, that I have followed with any regularity. And I have no idea why that is.

That's about it for me. I hope you're all having a pleasant Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. I just LOVE those pictures! Pretty cool. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cora! I know that feeling! I've been like that for weeks. :-\ All I could focus on were those edits. I really gotta get back on the writing bandwagon. Start doing those RD Challenges again.

    Anyway hun, I'm sending you The Red Queen's Daughter. I think I still have your address. Thanks for stopping by to play on my blog. I'm sorry it was such a confusing mess. But I gave you a shoutout on today's post for being such a great sport. *smooch*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy weekend, Crystal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isabelle, I'm sooo sapped for creativity lately. I don't know what the deal is. I'm thinking probably spring fever. I was telling hubby on the phone last night we need to take a weekend trip - just as soon as he's back from working out of town. :P lol

    Aw, thanks, girl. It was no trouble. ((big hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^