Monday, April 28, 2008

Lemon Yellow Sunshine

It's a gorgeous sunny day out today. Oldest should be home soon, and when the sun goes down a bit over the front yard, I plan to take MiniBear out to play in the sandbox.

Other than admiring the weather, I haven't accomplished much today - just too darn tired.I woke up around 3 am to see hubby off to work again. He'll be in Lake Charles until next Saturday then he'll come home and we'll do it all again. Poor guy was really tired when he got home on Saturday afternoon, and yesterday I insisted on a trip to the bookstore - which is out of town. How he puts up with me, I don't know.

I went back to bed after hubby left, and I was sooo out of it. Mini and I didn't roll out of bed until 8, but when we did, I'd been up for two minutes when my cell phone rang. The number read "restricted" and I got a bit pissed at first because I was sure it was another telemarketer. I grabbed my phone with the intent to rawr and hiss at some poor soul because, indeed, I was very pre-coffee and because my mama taught me you just shouldn't approach someone to buy some junky shit they don't want before they've managed to get their eyes open.

It wasn't a telemarketer though, it was a friend in Ohio whom I haven't talked to since before Nadia went missing. It was soooo good to hear her voice, and to know they were all doing OK. It seems most of us have been walking around with the blues since the bad news hit us, and their family was no different. Getting to talk to her, however, lifted my mood right away. We chatted for over two hours, until finally she had to go. If more mornings started like that, I wouldn't mind it one bit.

After the friend call, I made a run to town earlier with Mini to buy milk and ended up with all this junk I didn't really need. Arg!! Or maybe I do need it, I just haven't found out for what yet. :P I bought two pairs of boots that were on sale (But, honey, they were on SALE!!), and a few grocery items, plus paper stuff - tp and paper towels. Yeah, gotta have that stuff too. We made it back home around one, and by that time Mini was yowling for a nap-nap.

Tonight I'll sit up and work on the UF wip for a while. My heroine is in more trouble than she thinks she can handle. Right now she's a bit roughed up, tired, overwrought, and a bit scared to boot, but I tell her I think she can make it one more round. *evil hand wringing* We will see, we will see...

On another note, I have been tagged by the lovely Michelle Lauren

The rules:
a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

Okays, then. I think I can do this.

Six Random Things:
1.) I like big boots and I cannot lie. I do have this slight addiction to boots. The clunkier the better. Which is kind of strange when I think about it, because if I'm not wearing boots, I prefer to go barefoot.
2.) I'm in serious need of a dye job. My roots are showing. 'Nuff said.
3.) I'm contemplating having a tattoo removed. What they say about youth and impulsiveness is oh so true...
4.)I would like to have a full length book written and polished by the end of the year. 90-100k words overall. I have no idea if this is doable. It's been ages since I wrote anything full length. I'm wondering if I'm going to have to send all my friends a set of cat o' nine tails to keep me on track.
5.)I can hardly wait until May.Hubby, the kids and I will be going on a trip about mid-month. I'm planning to go to the original BLGH in Cleveland, GA before they open the new facility elsewhere.
6.)I'm a bit of a rule breaker... so I'm not actually going to tag anyone to do this meme, despite the rules above. If you feel so inclined, give it a shot.

That's it for me today! I should get up and do something productive before Oldest arrives. His bus should be here any minute. Happy Monday, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Hey I got tagged the other day too. I never know who to tag for that anymore, but luckily there was a bunch of fresh meat at Siren, so I tagged all of them. :)lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! Welcome home from RT, Samantha. I'm dropping over to pay you a vist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got tagged too. I did the meme (and am working on what I memed about), which leads me to my next bit o news, I've put you on my side bar. :)
    Hope you and mini had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I just had an idea...IF, that is, you don't mind a little extra typing. I've got BUNCHES of books (mostly new releases) that i've held on to. You want them? I can send you some a little at a time. No one other than you and Naomi on my blogroll really reads paranormal stuff so all these books are just sitting there...multiplying. Let me know what you think;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for adding me to the sidebar, Ann. ^_^ BTW, more RT pictures, please! I seriously wish I could've gone this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Crystal. Email me and I'll work something out with you about those books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Cora. You got put on two sidebars this week, mine, too.

    The tattoo thing - that's so true. A young friend of mine got a tattoo on her breast that says, "Redneck Woman." Ugh. It was painful to get it put on, and will be much worse when she's 35 and wants it off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Cora,

    I like number one, although I'm more of a sneakers person. I think the 90 to 100K goal is very doable. You just take it in small chunks and work towards little goals, which add up. I used to have the opposite problem. I could not write a novella to save my life. Everything I wrote ended up being 90K. *smile*

    But thankfully, I've learned to rein myself in so I finished and submitted one novella to Samhain, and I'm working on another. I'm rooting for you!

    BTW--is it just me, or does the word verification get harder each time? Half the time, I can't even read the script and I have to do it three times.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.