Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Have a Cupcake

This morning I got up, pulled on my "hippie shirt" and jean shorts, and fired up the coffee pot. Hot damn, but I had one of Isabelle's famous epiphanies.

I got up this morning raring to write, my head full of ideas. I don't know where it all came from. I went to bed exhausted last night, thinking about things troubling me that I can't mend, and I had this dream of sorts where I was sitting and my desk and this "information flood" to do with my characters raced through my mind. Weird as it may sound, it was like working while asleep. *_*

While the coffee brewed, I stood at the bar with my notebook and jotted down as much of it as I could remember, as fast as I could. Ideas run pretty fast through my mind, and if I don't get them down on paper quickly, I'll lose half of the idea before I can get it written out.

I managed to get the whole thing down, and when I read back throught I couldn't help wondering "why hadn't I thought of this before?" I'd had everything right there in front of me all along, all the elements waiting for my brain to absorb them. Typical. I'm so slow sometimes. If this thing had been a snake, it would've bit me!

With my first cup of coffee in hand, I sat down and wrote 2 entire chapters. I didn't stop until Mini came to hover near my knee, "But Mimi, where's my beckfast?!"

Oops! Sorry, Snicklebeast. Mimi will get right on that!

After I nuked some sausage patties and made toast for Mini, I wrote out a short to-do list and ran around the house to get it done. I mopped last night, so that was one down, and the dishes were already out of the way. I thought I had a ton of laundry to do, but it was actually a short stack. We toss all our dirty clothes in one of those rope handled plastic toy buckets, and when I'm at the bottom of the bucket, sometimes I take an empty laundry basket and toss in there to get it out of the way. I've been missing both baskets for a few days, and half wondered if hubby had used them for something. Nope! They were both in the bottom of the laundry bucket, which made it only look like there were more clothes in there. *chicken dance*

Here it is 2:30, the house is finished, it's quiet (Mini is napping), and I have new ideas swirling around. I better get on it while I have the chance!

Oh, btw, this coming Thursday, April 24th, fellow Cobblestone Press author Gabriella Hewitt will be talking about and (giving away a copy of) her new book Heart of the Nile at the Midnight Moon Cafe!

About the book:

Kat, Stealer of Memories, brings the wrath of Ra down upon her. She risks her status among the pride by freeing her mortal enemy, an Anubian dog named Nikos, Keeper of Secrets.

Passionate memories of a past she'd long forgotten come back to haunt Kat as she works to find the Heart of the Nile. Will Nikos be a man she can count on?

http://www.cobblestone-press.com/catalog/books/heartnile.htm#

That's it for me today folks. I'm going to break out the writing stuff whilst the Mini beast naps. Hope you're all having a good Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. *POM POM SWISH*

    YAY Cora! That is AWESOME news! :D Those epiphanies are like writer's lightning. They make you want to just go go go! So do it while you can. (As long as mini's got his sausage patties and toast, he'll be good. ;) ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO!!! You go girl! Hope you are still going strong, i'm a little late getting over here!!!

    Oh, sausage patties and toast sound SO good! I made breakfast for dinner the other day. Yum. I'm kind of craving pancakes now, just thinking about all this breakfast stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes look divine.

    Have you ever thought about trying out an e-books site. We are currently looking for unpublished works for our Bookhabit site and there is a $5,000 prize on offer.

    www.bookhabit.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.