Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Edits, lolz, and new books

humorous pictures

Ni! Ni! Ni!



So after my visit to the doctor on Monday, I've been trying to watch my blood sugar a bit better than I have been in the past...oh, close to 3 years. *blush* I'm back to low carbing and oy, do I feel drained. I have the edits for one Weirdly 2 story completed, but I couldn't finish the second one yesterday. I worked on it a bit this morning, but I have one of those nagging sugar headaches. :P I tried to concentrate on a book, but that only made it worse, so I went and tinkered around on Neopets for a while.

In an hour or so I'm off to Ruston to pick up one of hubby's prescriptions. His face is chapped, so this stuff the dr. prescribed should help. *thumbs up* When we're back home, I'll probably sit down with the edits again, give it another shot. I'd love it if I could get at least two rounds of this puppy finished before the weekend. Wishful thinking?

Speaking of words and books and all that jazz... I visited one of my fave bookstores before going to the dr. on Monday and picked up some yummilicious titles. I'm currently reading Touch The Dark by Karen Chance. It's vampire/psychic fantasy rather than romance, but I'm digging it. Hopefully a bit of reading will help me give me a bit of a refresher before I start on another project. I need to get my writing groove back.

4 comments:

  1. Reading always helps me get my writing groove back. I tend to reread books I really like, in order to sort of 'fall back in love' with writing, if that makes sense. I hope the muse does happy dances around you! :D

    And great job on your edits. That's so impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yuck, my sympathies on the low-carbing. I'm a carbaholic so I know what you mean about feeling drained without them.

    I've been using reading to avoid my editing, LOL. But I like your take on it better - it's 'refreshing me'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well girlie...You better take care of yerself, here me???? Tjose sugar headaches, do they get as bad as a migraine? Get to feeling better sweet;o)

    I'm also reading Touch the Dark...Well I say that...I haven't picked it up since last Wednesday;o)

    Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to cut the carbs. I'm in a bad, bad eating frenzy lately. Can't leave peanut butter cups alone! And now I noticed the ice cream stand by my house has opened for the season. Lord help me, but they they have chocolate peanut butter ice cream!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.