Thursday, March 13, 2008

She used to be a painted bird, yeah




After the usual round of house cleaning, I sat down with my wip(s) for Weirdly 2. I have three mini stories completed for either acceptance or rejection, and this last piece - the werewolves - will be my final for the project.

Soon as it's ready, I'll give them all one last read through and send them off to the editor in charge. Woot! I'm really excited about this book, if you haven't all been able to tell. I bought Weirdly on a whim and, oh yeah, it rocked me. It's like a grown up version of Scary Stories to Tell In the Dark. I love those books, even now.

Wasps have been flying all around the front of the house today. I suppose because it's warmed up enough. It's the first time in a while I've seen them. Mom and dad came over about a week and a half ago, and sat a small air conditioner on our front patio. I think hubby was supposed to do something with it, but of course, all it's done is sit out front and attract the damn wasps.

The AC really needs to be moved, if for no other reason but to keep it from becoming a mobile HIVE or nest, or whatever creepish thing you want to call the paper traps wasps build, but I get the feeling if I want the thing moved, I'll likely have to do it myself. This of course, will require me to drag the thing around the yard to the shed in Mini's wagon.

On the otherhand, if there are wasps around that thing when I go to take the cover off the AC, hold your breath and til I attempt to move it. I do not do wasps - ever!Snakes, rats, spiders. I can hang. NO WASPS. Not in my contract. I'm pretty sure that's stamped on my marriage license somewhere. At that point, the AC will have to rot until I can provoke hubby enough to move it. Yeah, yeah. The old nagging wife act... But there are wasps involved!!! :P

Off for now. I need to get caught up on emails before the hubster gets home from work. I hope you all had a snazzy day!

OH! One last thing: Incase you haven't dropped by to check it out: there is an awesome interview up at the Midnight Moon Cafe featuring Silhouette Nocturne author, Lori Devoti.

5 comments:

  1. Girl, WHERE do you find these pictures?! They are beautiful!!

    I have to say that a lot of "bugs" have made themselves be known...yuck!I've been hit by one of those little suckers (wasps) and DAMN do they hurt! I've never gotten stung by anything before last year and I have to tell ya...I RUN when I see them little buggers;) Tomorrow the high is suppose to be 91 here! We go from 66 today to a summer heat wave in less than 24 hours...figures, that's Texas weather for ya;o)

    Good job on the 3 completed mini stories. I bet it's a wonderful feeling everytime you complete one. I've heard of Weirdly but haven't had much time to research it, thanks for the link to it!

    Well, must be off now. I am DETERMINED to get to bed early tonight. I received my VERY FIRST ARC!!!! Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews and since I can only read it on the computer and without INTERUPTION I have been staying up too late to read it. But that's only because it's THAT DAMN GOOD!!!

    Girl, if you haven't read her first one, Magic Bites, I STRONGLY suggest it!!! Okay, i'm trying to get to bed by 8:30 so I can start (grumbles and growls) getting back up early and exercise...I've gotten LAZY I tell you! And I feel it too. The sluggishness is going to my brain and i'm TRYING to motivate myself again...yeah, that's really working;) Have a great evening and have fun with your writing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you. Wasps are terrifying creatures. Get the hubby to move that thing.

    ROFL. I think we both have the same determination. I'm jumping in for a hot bath then forcing myself into bed so I'm not exhausted tomorrow.

    Great job on the WIP progress hun. :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal, just click on one of the pretty pics and they'll take you to the site. They are all linked up. ;) It's a place called Glitter Graphics, or something like that. One of those myspace glitter sites.

    Congrats on your first ARC! I'm going to have to check out this author. I don't think I've read anything by her before. It sounds good though.

    Oh goodness...don't even start on exercise. Hahahaha! I can't remember the last time I did a situp. Oof! I'm quite fluffy around the middle. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Isabelle, me too with the exhaustion. Is it Spring Fever maybe? Good grief, but it's hard to get up some mornings. I go to bed though and I can't turn my mind off. I'll be laying there thinking of something I could do, or a sceen I could write. It's been a challenge forcing myself to be before eleven, but it's worth it the day after when I do get quality sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My eldest son shares his hatred of wasps. We had some nesting beneath the siding a few years back. My hubby mistakenly closed up the entrance and trapped a bunch in - so they gnawed through the wallboard on the inside to get out. Right into my son's bedroom. Then they found their way into his bed where he was sleeping and started stinging him. Pest control people said they were looking for the heat he emanated and didn't like him moving. So yup, he hates wasps. Violently. We've still got two feet of snow, so it'll be a while before we're bothered by the suckers though.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^