Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Blogging Before Naptime




I need just a few more hours today! Three. No? Two? Please just two more? *sigh* I know, I know...it's useless to ask. But I do wish I had just two extra hours in the day. Especially today. I've managed to clean the house, run the laundry, write 1900 words on my Weirdly 2 story, add a much needed (if a bit ugly) web button to my blog, and now if I just had a little more time to write more before doing the dishes and fold all the clothes I'd feel like I was getting somewhere. But first, I must blog! I'm sorry I'm behind on it, but I vow to catch up with all of you today. I get to wondering how everyone is doing, and my mind won't rest until I know. ^_^

Mini hasn't had a nap yet, but if he doesn't say anything, who will be the wiser, right? Right? *crickets* Around five o'clock I'm sure he'll turn into Toddler Beast mode and drive the family bonkers, but too much to be done in a short period of time. This week I've vowed to knock out my W2 draft and get that entertainment center out of the dining room and into the den.

It's a gorgeous day out. I wish the rain had absorbed better; I'd take Mini out for a bit if it had. Sometimes I can get far more done writing by sitting in the yard with the laptop. But after the snow, we had a spell of on and off rain. I walked out to fetch the mail around 1 o'clock and I could feel the ground squishing under my sneakers. Ick. I'd have a muddy boy if I let him out with it like that. Maybe by the end of the week we'll have some park-worthy weather.

That's it for me! I'm about to run around and visit blog friends before I conquer the dishes. Happy Tuesday, everyone!





9 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. I woke up this morning wanting to crawl back into bed. Then I spent most of the beautiful day at work. Someone said, it's so nice out. I said, is it? It's hard to tell through the prison walls. ;) *lol* The guy snorted. He must have appreciated my early morning sarcasm.

    You've done quite a bit today. You deserve a good nap. Enjoy it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I signed up for your yahoo group newsletter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ol Spring Forward can really make one drag their ass, can't it? I can't wait until my system adjusts.

    Until then, nap time sounds fantastic!

    jenji

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a great day off, went to visit friends and took a nice long walk around the pond, and am now once again about to start working on my WIP (last night the dishes won out- but hey they're all clean). Hope you had a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've got an awful lot accomplished today - take heart! And take 5 minutes out for yourself too.

    We've got more snow - want me to send some to you for Mini to play in?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prison walls! ^_^ I hope you had a good day anyway, Isabelle. It was sooo very hard to get out of bed. And I would've loved a nap. Mini finally passed out in the recliner around 6:30 pm. That boy - I wish I had his energy!

    PS. Thanks for signing up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the truth, Jenji. I didn't even think about the whole spring ahead thing. We got one of those auto-adjusting clocks last year, so I didn't have to reset anything. Ooh...That could have a lot to do with me being so tired. I'm missing an hour of sleep at night! *_*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great day, Ann! :) A walk around the pond sounds wonderful. And I'm envious of your dishes being done. Mine are staring at me from the sink right now. I keep telling myself - just a few more minutes! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leah, more snow! Our snow day lasted a few hours, then melted. The very next day - shorts and tshirt weather. No wonder we all have the sniffles.

    I could just imagine Mini's eyes if he opened the door and saw all your snow! I'd have to bundle him up for sure then. No way I'd be able to keep him in the house without playing in it first. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^