Monday, March 10, 2008

Another Monday


I spent most of the day over at my mom's. Mini has been asking to go to "grammy's house", but I had so much to do last week and overthe weekend, I couldn't afford to take any time off. So, this morning I got all my stuff for the post office together and called my mom to make sure she'd be home. As it turns out, she was backing out of her driveway to make a run to the bank and post office, so Mini and I ended up hitching a ride with her to run errands. I didn't mind it one bit.

After a quick pass through town, we went on to my mom's and we stayed there until 2 o'clock, when Mini came into the dining room and informed his gram he was "ready to go home for a nap-nap". To be honest, it's been one of those slow days where his ol' Mimi was wanting a bit of a nap-nap too.

Tonight I'm going to work on my Weirdly 2 story a bit - I am loving this story, I can't really say why - and I'll hopefully get around to updating my website a bit. It's long overdue.

Speaking of writing and writer-ly things...

I got my ARCs for In The Gloaming last night - woot! Contests here we come! I'll be giving away everything from t-shirts, pens, magnets to free copies this month. If you haven't signed up for my mailing list and you'd like to win the larger prizes - please do! My mailing listers will be given an exclusive chance to win.

Also, this week the Midnight Moon Cafe is featuring author Lori Devoti for the Midnight Brew. Here is her official intro:

Hellhounds and warlocks will be abound at the next Midnight Brew! This Thursday (March 13) the Midnight Moon Cafe is going to have a Midnight Brew of nocturnal proportions when we receive author Lori Devoti. Ms. Devoti is the author of a new series, "Hellhound," for Silhouette Nocturne. Check out the books on that series and the blurbs here:

http://midnightmooncafe.blogspot.com/

We're also going to have a contest that day. For more details drop by the Midnight Moon Cafe today. *g* So make sure you mark your calendars for March 13, 2008 for Midnight Brew you're going to love.


I'm looking forward to this one! I've been following the Nocturne line closely. Their books are hitting the paranormal jackpot: faeries, vampires, werewolves, oh my!

That's all for me today. I need to check my neopets and answer a few emails. I hope you all had a snazzy Monday!

9 comments:

  1. Must have been a day for Mom's and visits today.

    And woot for your ARC's arriving - that must be so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked my tookus off at work, and am now trying to string enough thoughts together to work on my wip (or go do dishes). But I have tomorrow off, Yay! Hope you have a great week (I posted a couple of pictures on my blog). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited about this anthology, Cora! I know I've said it before but Fae are my new paranormal obsession and I'm psyched that you've got a story there! I know it's going to be AMAZING! PLUS, we get to be publisher sisters! YAY! :D

    Now, tell me, where do I go to sign up for your newsletter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought i'd already signed up for your newsletter when I first discovered you...I tried to do it again just to make sure but it was fighting ME!! Is there a way you can check or is that too techical? Either way I DID sign up WHENEVER it was. Even if it ISN'T free, I'll still read it!!! Damn, now i'm getting excited and gonna have to do a little happy dance;) WHY CAN'T I BE A WRITER TOO??? I start looking at the screen and my mind just BLANKS OUT...When you get your ARC's are they in PDF form? I think some authors do the PDF thing too, even if it's a paperback book. I learned that today;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leah! It was a good day for visits and visiting. I take it your mom or other people visited you too? I couldn't seem to concentrate on anything for the life of me, so it was a perfect day for it. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, you tickle me. Hm...wash dishes, or work on wip. Dishes? Or Wip? (I hate dishes!) ^_^

    I'm on my way over to see your new pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isabelle, I sat and read the entire anthology when the ARCs arrived and I am very excited about it. And yes! We are now publisher sisters! ^_^

    To sign up for the newsletter, scroll down my blog and it's in a silver box on the right hand side. It says Bravenet signup: put in your email and click the subscribe button and you'll get a confirmation box. Let me know if you have trouble with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crystal, did you sign up with the bravenet box on the right side of my blog - toward the bottom? You should be able to put in your info, hit the subscribe button and it takes you to a confirmation page. If it won't let you, email me at corazane@aol.com and I'll sign you up by hand. Oh, and it is absolutely free. I mainly use the newsletter to announce new releases and to do giveaways, so it really is put out only periodically. Maybe twice a year.

    As for the ARCs - yes! They sure are in PDF format. They come in other formats too, like .LIT. So when I do give away free books, the winner gets their choice of reading formats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATULATIONS Cora!!!!How fun that must have been. =) I don't think I'm a part of your group.. I'd had better look. =)

    Cole

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^