Monday, February 18, 2008

Sparkly, Shiny Things




President's Day, thou hast thwarted me yet again!!! Okay, I gotta admit I live to check the mail. Something good is always coming and going from this house. Yeah, yeah, I know Oldest stayed home today. Hubby was home today too. But the mail!! I kept waiting and waiting. I didn't make the correlation until...oh, three o'clock? D'oh! :*>

All the same, it's been a good day. The weather has been just fabulous: sunny, bright, cool breezes. I've left the door open for most of the day to let in some fresh air. Around noon Hubby decided to take Mini Bear over to my parent's house for a while, and Oldest has been playing Playstation. This has been a great chance for me to get in some writing. I sat down and picked through my BBnC for a while, tweaking the first three chapters for the conference. Then I opened up my file for the short I'm working on for HQN Bites. I have it up to 8k now. Woot! Another day or two and I will be wrapping up the first draft.

Last night I received my confirmation for the Written In the Stars Conference. Woot! I have everything I need now, san one new hairdo. I need to get off my lazy bum and call my stylist for an appointment but egads, something more important always comes up!

Tomorrow hubby and I will be taking a trip up to HnR Block to do the dirty. Oh, man, I hate taxes. Not really the fact that we have them, but the object of actually filing. What a pain. I'll have to drop little bear off at my mom's for a while to accomplished this. He's learned a new habit that's slowly drive me out of my mind - whining. I can just imagine having to hold him on my lap for the forty-five minutes it would take for them to repeat the same information they took from us last year. :P Ah well... As they say, it must be done!

That's it for me today. I need to put on the final load of laundry. Yay! *much rejoicing*

I hope you had a snazzy Monday!

10 comments:

  1. Wasn't it just a beautiful day? That's how it was here in Texas too. All but the taxes, glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you in East TX? It seems like we have the same weather pattern going.

    Oy, I dread doing taxes, but it's great once they're done. No more worrying with it for another year. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to brag, but my taxes are all done! :D Ha ha. *dodges flying shoes* I know, I'm just evil.

    Good idea to send Mini to Grandma's though. It can be a long, tedious process.

    Keep it up on your WIPS! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might need to have someone do my taxes this year (this year I actually have deductions!). Good luck and have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *tosses shoe at Isabelle* ^_^

    ROFL! Gosh, I wish our taxes were done. Over. Finito!! I'd rather - I don't know - DUST FURNITURE than sit at HnR Block.

    Okay, not quite. But the two tasks both run pretty close to the bottom of my "likes to do this" list.

    Definitely leaving Mini at Grams. Goodness me, ya'll would be seeing me on the nightly news "Mother of Two Snaps at Tax Office". :P

    Thanks for the pep talk, Issy. I have only about 1500 words to go on my HQN story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, Ann... It's sooo worth paying to have someone else do them. Just not having to worry with the math is a big plus for me.

    Happy week to you too, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I live in the Waco area. I noticed that as well. Hope your enjoying the nice and beautiful day we're having today! Will's baseball tryouts are this evening and i've got my camera fully charged!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, taxes! We all hate those. Glad you got the laundry done. When do you sleep, exactly? :*)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woot! Crystal! I'm looking forward to the pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sleep? What's that? LOL! ~_^ Just kidding, Demon. Although there are times it feels like I don't get enough rest. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.