Saturday, February 02, 2008

Saturday Slackin'

73 words

Touch Typing online



Hubby and Oldest are off to help my mom move furniture. Heh. What am I supposed to be doing? Putting the entertainment center together. What am I doing? Why, I'm sitting in front of blogger and occasionally glancing at the entertainment center. Er, rather, the box it's sitting in. Can't a girl have her coffee first? :*)

Crystal convinced me to try the touch typing game online. The first time I got a 64, but I didn't save the result. So I went back when I found out you can get a nifty little badge thing, and came away with the 70ish one. Woot!

.::Dream time::.


This morning, before I was rudely awakened by a Mini Beast leaping onto my back in a rabid cat attack-style *lol*, I dreamed I sat up in the back seat of this black SUV and realized I was alone in the vehicle, coasting along this stretch of deserted road. I instantly panicked and reached over the seat, taking the steering wheel in hand. I tried to steer the SUV to a stop, but since I didn't have my feet on the gas or breaks, all I could really do was control the direction I was going in. After a while, this other SUV comes up right behind me, and is riding my bumper. I really start sweating it because I know I'm not able to stop. It's either go forward or get run over. This is about the time I realize I'm coming into a heavy traffic area. In the distance I can see all these overpasses and I start looking for somewhere to pull over. No way I can go through a city driving in the back seat! Somehow or another, I pull into this gravel driveway, and it slows me down so that I can get out of the SUV and hop up front. The minute I am pulled over and out of the SUV, I realize that the car that had been driving behind me hadn't been going very fast at all. It had only seemed like it because it was right on my tail. I thought about that as I climbed into the driver's seat, but the minute I reached over to close the car door I woke up.

And there you have it...another bizarre glimpse into my subconscious mind! *insert oogly boogly music here*

The really interesting thing - this is one of those recurring themes I have in my dreams: waking up in the backseat of a car to find no one driving. One of my earliest memories of dreaming (I was about 3) had this theme. I still remember it vividly, even the area of town where it happened.

This particular dream, however, is a bit different. Instead of just freaking out like usual and gripping the back of the seat waiting to seeing where the car takes me (and wondering when I'm going to crash!) This is the first time I actually took control of the wheel. Hm...There's food for thought.

Happy Saturday, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Your dreams are fascinating. ;) Tell me, what else do you dream about? *dons glasses*

    You're lucky to remember. I almost never remember what I dreamt about. I just always wake up with that lingering feeling that it was something important. It's so frustrating.

    Anyway, I got the book you sent me! THANK YOU! I'm ashamed to say I haven't sent yours out yet. But this week, I SWEAR IT! Ha ha. I'm the biggest slacker in the world. With my car out of commission I've been too distracted to think about it. I'm sorry, sweetie. You have not been forgotten.

    And thanks for stopping by the blog to check on me. It's been a tough few weeks. I just sort of want them to be over so I can get back to life. Ha ha. ;)

    *smooch*

    ReplyDelete
  2. 73 wpm and now my hands feel gnarly.

    cool test. I haven't been tested on typing since 11th grade with Mrs. Downs (yes, her name implies her attitude as well) as she clunked her wooden stick on the floor to keep us at a particular pace.

    jenji

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you really need to invest in a dream book. I have one and it is SOOOO helpful. It breaks the dreams down for you...Situations, colors, animals, people, places...and so on. I know you can also get on a website and even tell the site what you dreamed and it breacks it down that way. A friend of mine use to do that while at work. I, myself, like the book better. Check into it, it may help you with them...

    I'm off to dream land now...can't stay awake any longer. Have a good rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you'll get your car back soon and all the kinks will iron out soon, Isabelle.

    Don't worry at all about the book. ~_^ I've got one I should've mailed last week sitting right here on my desk. *sigh* There are just some weeks I can't seem to get to all the post. I'm glad you got the one I sent, though. It's a pretty good book.

    Hopefully this coming week will be better, sweet. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! Jenji, your former typing teacher sounds quite strict! Our was Mrs. Marston. She wasn't too bad once you got to know her a bit, but oy...she had one of those coma inducing, monotone voices.

    "Bueller, Bueller, anyone seen Bueller..."

    *_*
    '

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Crystal! I hope your weekend has been a good one. I'm sooo not ready for Monday. Couldn't they just make that day part of the weekend already? LOL!

    Dream books! I love flipping through those. I have a few of them lying around and check them periodically. I have one tht's pretty good - beautifully illustrated, etc. I'll have to put up a post about that one sometime. The other one I have that can think of right off hand is sooo funny because almost every dream symbol in it is negative. You dreamed of bananas? It means you or someone you know is going to face a horrible time! (evil laughter) *_*

    Yikes! LOL

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.