Saturday, February 16, 2008

Rainy Saturday Night




You Are a Sprinkled Donut



Flamboyant and flashy, you're easily distracted by shiny things.

You're definitely a snazzy number, and you usually catch everyone's eye in the room.

And you've got the goods to back it up your colorful image.

(Though too much of you gives people a stomach ache!)



It's a rainy Saturday night, and so I'm sitting here with the house all quiet, messing around on Blogger for a few minutes before I cart my laptop into the den. I've gone through MOST of a large salted marguerita, and I'm still riding a bit high from a recent eBay victory.

So I could catch up with writing today, I denied myself a trip to Fun-roe with Hubby and the boys. They went without me, and I ended up catching up on several days worth of laundry, as well as my writing. I put down a little more than 2k words, and I'm nearly at the halfway point for a story I intend to submit to the Silhouette Nocturne Bites. I've also tinkered around with my beginning for BBnC. I'm polishing my first few chapters so I can take them to conference for one of the workshops. Compared with what I had in mind to do today, I accomplished much. *dance, dance*

Tomorrow we're having a quiet day at home. Relaxing, movies, popcorn. I imagine my dad will drop by to see the kids, and I'll do a bit of writing and finish up the last two loads of laundry. Woohoo! Not too bad, not too bad...

I hope the weekend is treating you well. Happy Saturday night!

12 comments:

  1. Just dropped by to say HI! I took the test and they say I'm a Boston Creme Donut. Hope you're having a great weekend (I'm working this weekend, but I have Monday and Tuesday off). Off to do more writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Are a Boston Creme Donut

    You have a tough exterior. No one wants to mess with you.
    But on the inside, you're a total pushover and completely soft.
    You're a traditionalist, and you don't change easily.
    You're likely to eat the same doughnut every morning, and pout if it's sold out.

    I'd say that's pretty accurate.

    Just wanted to drop by and say hello as I've been uber busy as of late.

    hope things are well.
    jenji

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! You absolutely SHOULD submit to Silhouettes Nocturne Bites. I could see that being right up your alley. *does pom pom dance and split* Good luck with that, babe. I know you can do it! I have faith in you!

    Great job getting so much done. I had intentions Friday night to do lots during this weekend. I got NOTHING done. *sigh* I feel like such a slacker. Maybe the week will be more productive? One can only hope right?

    I hope you've had a wonderful weekend, hun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh by the way. I tagged you, I tagged you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So how was that salted Marguerita??? I haven't had one of those in years. I'll have to fix that;)

    I got at least half of our laundry done too Saturday. It was raining here all day so I figured I'd at least put a dent in it...Sunday we did the movie thing too. What were you guys watching?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Blog Things.
    You Are a Boston Creme Donut
    You have a tough exterior. No one wants to mess with you.
    But on the inside, you're a total pushover and completely soft.
    You're a traditionalist, and you don't change easily.
    You're likely to eat the same doughnut every morning, and pout if it's sold out.
    I never knew that they could tell so much about me from a donut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monday and Tuesday off! Sounds good to me. :) Happy Writing, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you, Jenji!

    Boston Creme...yummy yummy! You know, these donut things are making me hungry. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Isabelle! I need the pom swish right now. I have a scruffy throat that's bugging me just enough to make me want to couch loaf. On the otherhand, I have just 2k words to go before I reach my required word count.

    I'll be popping in over there in a bit to see how you're doing. Do ya'll have your car back yet?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann! Eek! You got me. ^_^

    I just noticed the tag. I'll pop over and see in a bit. *dance*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crystal. Girrrrl... that was one tasty marguerita. If you have a night with a few minutes to yourself, I highly recommend it. LOL!

    We got your rain late Saturday, I think. Rolled right out of TX and into La. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another Boston Creme! :) Good to see you, Lucinda!

    I made hubby and Oldest take the quiz. Hubby got a caramel crunch donut, and oldest got a powdered devils food donut...which sounds pretty tasty now that I think about it as a food. Oof.

    Hope you're having a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.