Monday, February 04, 2008

Missed the bus!


While in the middle of dreaming this mornig, Oldest nudged me awake and said, "Mom, I think I missed the bus!" I blinked at him a minute, thought about the words he'd just said and nodded, then I rolled over. Stared at the ceiling for a minute or two. When it dawned on me I needed to drive him, I sat up and in two seconds flat realized Mini was sacked out in the big bed with me. He apparently crawled up there sometime after hubby left for work.

I got up and pulled on some jeans and shoes, the went to wake up Mini, who looked at me for a minute after I shook his little foot. When it sank in where I'd said we were going, he quickly rolled over, nodding and saying, "Yep, we're take it the Bubba to skoo!"

First thing out the door this morning, I saw the neighbor's dog had come up and dug holes all around our front patio. Grrr... #$@% dog!!!! They also have a female dog running around the neighborhood in heat - which has me at times ready to bonk our old fuzzy guy Chancellor on the noggin with his nightly wanderings. You can't call him, or give him commands anymore unless he's looking straight at you because he's lost his hearing due to old age.

I didn't have time to fix the holes at that moment. I loaded Mini in the car seat and shouted at Oldest to go wet his hair in the sink thoroughly before I laid the smackdown on him. Although I sent him to the bath last night - mom/dictator finger point action - he stepped out the door this morning and his hair looked greasy. Damn teenagers! Get back in that house and clean yourself up! *growl*rawr*snarl*claws*

He came out looking presentable, wet hair on display, and off we went. We live about 5-7 minutes driving time from school so that was quick enough. Dropped by the Wolf Stop and let him run in for a honey bun to take with him for breakfast.

When we were back home, sans Bubba, I sat Mini in the den. He wanted to watch his "trains" show. Which is pretty much a cheaply made show that shows table top trains running all over the place - among a few other train things. Works for me. I had to step out the door and use the rake to fill in those holes. I'm thinking homemade dog jerky if I ever catch the little bugger in action.

Just days ago I raked up hubby's cigarette butts - EWWWW - which was a miserable experience, so that pissed me off all the more about the dog holes. I don't smoke, and here I am raking butts into a pile?? Are the lawn gods thwarting me? All those years of swearing off yard work because I have a healthy husband home on weekends to do it, and if not him, a strapping teenager to ride the mower around the yard?

Either way, after all that work, I threatened hubby with bodily harm if he flicks even one more cigarette into the grass. There's NO smoking in the house EVAR! So, I'm not really sure where else he could smoke, unless you count "away" - aka, anywhere but near me. I don't care if he smokes, but I don't want to have to smell it if you know what I mean.

Well, I got to thinking this morning while raking and cursing the neighbor's dog...Since hubby wants me to go to Walmart today to pick up one of those huge toy robots, which are on sale, and which he wants for himself although he says Mini would dig it (no one in the house likes robot-y things but him), I'm thinking about going to the garden center and buying one of those huge lawn urns to fill with soil for him to drop his cigarette butts in. *pondering*

.::Dream time::.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?
~ Edgar Allan Poe



Right before Oldest woke me up this morning, I dreamed I was standing at the end of the bar in our kitchen, talking to someone (Oldest?) and picking through this huge bowl of figs. I assume the fruit is off the little tree in the front yard, since you can't buy figs anywhere around here unless you know someone who homegrows them.

So I'm standing at this big bowl and eating these figs. They are still a bit green toward the stem, and not quite as sweet as if they were fully ripe, but they are pretty tasty nonetheless. I pick another and another, while talking to whoever is in the kitchen with me. That's when I realize just how BIG the figs are. I picked up the largest fig I could find to examine it, and the thing is the size of a potato. I marvel at this for a few minutes, studying the fig. It even has roots instead of a stem, that used to attach it to the tree. Freakish! Right before I woke up, I remember thinking: if they're already sweet and large like this now, imagine how awesome these figs will be when they're fully ripe.

~~


That's it for me! What a way to start a Monday. ^_^ Off now to go about my routine - household chores (and writing) await. I hope you all have a stress-free and snazzy day!

6 comments:

  1. Okay!!! You need some positive feedback from those dreams you been having so I looked it and this is what I came up with...

    Seeing figs in your dream means a turn for the positive. Dreaming that you are Seeing or eating figs means a favorable turn in health. Seeing them growing, symbolizes profit and wealth. Figs are also often associated with sex and eroticism.

    Hhmmm? I think we're on to something here!!! I also think Poe had it right in that saying of his;) Enjoy your day and you'll have to take a pic of that ROBOT if you get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cora,
    Sounds like you need a break! Yikes! :*) Sneak a break every now and then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really think you could start a series called Cora's Dreams... and have it all be interpretations of your fascinating mind. Your dreams are like mini stories, in and of themselves. I always imagine them in a sort of epic setting. Ha ha.

    Anyway, try and get some rest! Sounds like it was quite a day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah! The robot! I forgot... Hubby took it out of the box this morning. I'll get some piccys of it for you asap!

    As for those dreams...thanks for the symbol interpretation! How cool is that?! Who knew figs were such a good thing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, Demon, do I ever need a break... I always tell myself "in five minutes, then I'll take a break", but I never do. :P I'm not sure why I do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you like reading about them Issy. I try to write them down so I won't forget them. A lot of the symbols like riding in cars, and rollercoasters appear frequently in my dreams. I've come to assume they mean I feel I'm not in control of my life at that moment.

    Some of the others though leave me very WTF when I wake up. ROFL! Others I will keep thinking about long after I've started the day. The figs...that's one of those very vivid ones. Kinda neat. I don't recall ever dreaming about figs before.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.