Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Never Again




Sick. Sick. Sick. I'm living off of Alkaseltzer Cold Plus right now. I'd be fine, but the body aches and occassional chills are seriously getting to me. Last night Mini was so miserable I didn't know what to do. I ended up sleeping on the couch with him, but he was feverish and I couldn't rest because I was just too darn hot. He woke up crying around 5 AM, and my back was so stiff I couldn't even lift him. Hubby had to come in and take over. I snuck off to bed, and bundled up in our "kitty" blanket - one of those fuzzy throw blankets. Jaquard? I think that's what they're made of? Anyway, I don't know what it is, but those are the only ones that seem to help combat the chills when I'm sick. I swear by it.

Hubby has missed work most of the week. He went to the doctor today, and all I can say is NEVER AGAIN. This doctor was recommended to us because he's in our town and therefore closer. In all honesty, I've never met a bigger asshole in my life. And it takes a lot for me to say that about a person.

First thing, he sniped at hubby for not having insurance. Ok. I understand hospitals and doctors are finicky about this now. However, I figured since this is a private "country" practice and we're paying cash at the visit, what difference does it make? But since he wants to make an issue of it, the jerk can just make a note on his chart that we're one of those millions of middle class families that fall through the cracks when it comes to private insurance.

But that's just the tip of iceberg. The man seemed really hard pressed to talk to hubby. He would ask questions, but wouldn't give hubby the chance to answer them. He kept asking hubby if he was "sure" he didn't have a sore throat; but when hubby assured him, no, he didn't have a sore throat and asked why, the doctor wouldn't tell him anything. Overall the doctor seemed harried and irritated, and kept coming and going from the room every two minutes. Well, safe to say we won't be going back there - ever!

We don't go to the doctor often enough to keep a family physician - too, the turnover rate for doctors is very high in our area. However, I have never seen a doctor with such a lousy bedside manner. Shocking. Yes. That's the word I'm looking for. His attitude was a real eye opener.

On another note, I haven't seen my aunt yet! She's staying with mom but we've all been too sick to go see her. I'm definitely in no shape to drive. I'm hoping she'll stay til the end of the week so I can take Mini-beast out to see her before she leaves. :S

That's it for me. Nothing new or exciting. I've been staying away from the wip because I can't seem to focus on anything for more than two minutes. This post is a fine example. It's taken me forever to write it!

Happy Wednesday! I hope you're all fairing well.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you're all feeling so yucky. Hope it goes away soon. I'm feeling sore and tired, but that's cause I had Tai Chi tonight, and tomorrow I have to pick up my apartment for the carpet cleaners Friday. Get Well Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon hun! It stinks to be sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!

    You all caught the Sarcophagus of fermented and fermenting, Antediluvian viral scum from me at my site, didn't you? Yuck, I'm so sorry.

    And yes, doctors can be dismissive, condescending and downright combative assholes. There, now I said it!

    I've encounted many in my travels that are in dire need of a class in social skills when dealing with patients/clients. Those egotistical morons disgust me to the core.

    I hope you all feel better soon!

    jenji

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I hope you guys all get to feeling better. Those throw rugs help me when I'm cold too. I don't know exactly what their made of but I get so cold so easliy mom went and got me a robe that was made out of the same stuff. It's heaven!! Get some rest sweet;o)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^