Monday, January 21, 2008

Hazy Sleepy Sick N All That




So the tile work is postponed. Hubby came up to me yesterday and said, "Is it hot in here or is it just me?" Okay. Truthfully, I thought he was joking, and so I said in meh silly, sexy-wife voice, "It's just you, baby." I hugged him after that, and realized he was burning up with fever. Hm...

He's zonked on the couch now, snoring the house down and sleeping off his cold meds. This past Friday the guys had to work in the rain for half the day, and what with the way it's been frigid effing cold for the past two weeks, I knew, I just knew come Saturday he'd have the ick!

Sunday he was absolutely miserable with it, and I tried telling him to just go to bed and not even bother to set the alarm. He had that feverish look in his eyes, a cross between zombie (ha!) and two day drinking bender. He'd been in a good mood all day, but by the evening he seemed so drained. Finally he went off to bed, and I thought I could relax a bit - it's a bit like walking on eggshells with someone sick in the house. You just want to keep them comfortable, and everyone out of their hair. However, once again, Mini didn't want to sleep. He's heavily protesting/rebelling against having to sleep in his toddler bed.

So there you have it: when I should've been relaxing, I was up with him watching Noggin. At around 9:30, I gave up trying to convince him to sleep, and went into the dining room to work on edits. Mini finally crashed around midnight, and I attempted to sleep as well, but it was already so late I went for broke. I wrapped up two full chapters of edits and called it a night at 3 AM. If nothing else, when I dragged out of bed this morning at 8, I felt like I'd actually accomplished something. :P

60 Years of Marriage

(Hubby sent this to me. Being married and a doll collector, I can appreciate! ~_^ If you've you've heard it already, just ignore...blah blah...)

A man and woman had been married for more than 60 years. They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about it.

For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, but one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she would not recover.

In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside.

She agreed that it was time that he should know what was in the box. When he opened it, he found two crocheted dolls and a stack of money totaling $95,000. He asked her about the contents.

'When we were to be married,' she said, 'my grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doll.'

The little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears. Only two precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him two times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with happiness.

'Honey,' he said, 'that explains the dolls, but what about all of this money? Where did it come from?'

'Oh,' she said, 'that's the money I made from selling the dolls.'



Heh. I can only imagine that lil old lady must've been hot stuff with that crochet needle. I can picture her in her rocking chair, giving hubby the evil eye over her project, working rows up a storm. ROFL!

Off to work on the edits for a while. May your Monday be warm and cozy!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, that was funny. I hope your hubby gets well soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That was a good one, my grandmother would have laugh her bum off while agreeing;)

    Hope hubby gets to feeling better, nothing worse than have your kids OR your hubby sick.

    Glad you made some headway on your writing. Makes you feel good when your getting it done, I'm glad for you;)

    Don't forget about yourself now! You get some rest too, I know it's hard so take LOTS of mini naps when you can!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFLMAO! I love that story! Hope your hubby feels better! :*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I hope hubby feels better soon. For both of your sakes! It's so hard to have anyone in the house sick. Schedules sort of fall to the wayside.

    Uh oh, Mini is rebelling huh? Is he finally realizing everybody stays up after he's asleep? Ha ha. I remember my sister went through that phase. She wanted to know what we all did and why SHE had to get to bed. Ha ha. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweet, I wanted to come over and tell you, seeing as how you are an author, that last week I was tagged to do a meme. If they are quick and simple I enjoy doing them but this one was different...

    You had to write a letter to your 13 year old self! I told the girl that tagged me that I would do it later that day but when later came I drew a blank on what to write...I'm NOT a writer and wouldn't even know where to begin. It was the HARDEST thing to do!!

    You jind of have to put your mentality back at age 13 and feel everything you did back then but then try to write and say things to yourself as the age you are now...It kicked my ass but I did it.

    I tagged anyone who would like to try it and have bouncing around to different bloggers who have. It's been fun to see how everyone percieves the letter and what they would say to their former selves..I'm the emotional type so of coarse mines full of emotion but there have been some really funny ones as well.

    I know how busy you already are with your writing but I thought i'd mention it for a rainy day;0)

    Hope everyone is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^