Monday, December 17, 2007

Went For A Drive




We should get a call sometime today about the house, to know whether or not the bank accepted our offer. I've got my fingers crossed, and I'm thinking it all should go well. The realtor told us there were currently no other offers on the house.

Yesterday I took a drive over to my parents' place because they needed some help filling out the loan application. I did as much of it as I could, then wrote mom out a check to deposit into her account to cover all the deposit/closing costs, and she's supposed to run it all up to the bank sometime this morning. Woot! I'm ready to get this puppy rolling. If there is any kind of issue, it may be with the sewer system on the house - it's an older system and Louisiana has new state regulations that pretty much makes for a home owner to have to have a mini waste treatment system on their property. If there's an issue with the sale of the house, mom and dad will have to agree to put it in up to code, something that will have to be done anyway. But it has me wondering...

Hubby isn't feeling too well, but he went on to work today. I've got a tickle in my throat - darn allergies. I've been watching all these reports of heavy snow and ice storms, but we've had none of that. However, I did have to break out the fleece yesterday. It got so freaking cold all the sudden; I blame these temperature changes for a lot of the ick going right now. Last night it was around 22 degrees. Brrrrr!!! I don't like climbing out of bed when the temp dips below 50. Oh yes, it was very hard to get up this morning. :P

That's it for me today. I have to get Mini wrangled around so I can run up to the post office and send out a few packages. Maybe by the time we go to leave, the sun will be out!

Happy Monday, everyone. ^_^

4 comments:

  1. Shouln't the house and system be under some kind of Grandfather claus? Might want to check in to it and see. That's going to be pretty expensive if they have to go by any new upgrade codes. Texas is always changing something...

    Hope you and hubby get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the house! I'm keeping my fingers crossed (which would explain the typos *g*). I'm trying to get things done before Thursday, when I go on vacation. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Monday Cora!

    I hope you and hubby start to feel a little better. This weather has been icky. Getting EVERYONE sick.

    *HUGS*

    And I've got my fingers crossed for you and your moms too!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you need herbs for sore throat, let me know. I managed to dry and store a bunch this summer and fall, and they make a nice soothing throat tea. :)

    Oh, and I did send you the throat muffler scarf, right? I knew it would dip below what you are used to this winter and you'd need that around your throat when you go out.

    Also, the moonshine jelly on light toast is actually good for you. :)
    Pair it with lemon and slippery elm tea and you'll be right as rain.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.