Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Waiting, waiting, waiting...


Hubby will be home with me until after the first of the year. He's still home and on very high octane antibiotics, and may have to go in for another surgery before the deal is done. So, starting this Friday I will have a houseful 24/7. Saints give me patience...

Mom called me and let me know all has cleared with the deal at the bank. Woot! The arrangements have been made and all we have to do now is wait for the banks and realtors to do their thing. As I've said before the closing will be around Jan. 14th, so all we have to do now is get the house insurance and wait for the closing date.

Yesterday I finished reading a demon slayer novel: Servant The Awakening by LL Foster (Lori Foster). It's very good, even though I guessed the ending by Chapter Six. I won't go there and spoil it for the rest of you, though; I'll just say if you like urban fantasy, Servant The Awakening is definitely worth reading. (And I do believe it's slated to become a series???)

Gaby, the heroine of the book has special powers that allow her to see demons who hide in human form, and it's her calling to seek them out and destroy them. However, as she's going to kill one of the demons she stumbles across Detective Luther Cross, who developes an immediate interest in her - well, heck, because she's a sexy chick walking around on the streets at night - but also because he could tell right away she's trained to kick ass, which makes her a perfect suspect, even if it is pre-crime.

The detective didn't really do much for me - cops aren't my thing - but Luther Cross makes a good match for Gaby. Now, the demon element I found really interesting and cool. I can't say to much without blowing the whole plot for you, but I appreciated that no gore was spared, and that nothing was sugar coated for me. Gruesome is, gruesome does. There is a bit of torture that goes on in this book that might not be for everyone who is reading for the sake of the romance. Overall, a really good book.

That's it for me today. Very late post, I realize, but better late than never. Tomorrow I'm taking Oldest to the eye doctor, and making and appointment there for myself. Hopefully after that everything will calm down for a while.

Off for now. Happy Wednesday!

8 comments:

  1. Just dropping by to wish you a Merry Christmas. :)

    And from this post, lots of patience. lol Fabulous about the house, I hope your move is smooth and hubby gets well fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to tell you I left something for you on my blog. Happy Holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I hope for your sake that hubby gets better and you all enjoy the time together;)

    I actually have The Awakening. I started reading it but put it aside when the new Dante Valentine book came out by Lilith Saintcrow. Hot damn! Now THATS a Demon book! Have you heard or read any of them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I've seen that book around and Ive wondered if it was any good! Now I'll probably have to check it out. ;) Awesome. I love new stuff.

    So glad to hear everything is working out with the house and all. Very happy for you! Hope the husband feels better. Take care of yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Samantha! Merry Christmas to you as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks bunches, Ann! I can hardly wait to try out that ribs recipe! :9

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crystal: YES!!! I love the Dante Valentine books. *pom swish* ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks bunches, Isabelle. :) Hubby is less grumbly today. LOL!

    Glad to help with Servant. It's like Crystal said, not a Dante V book for sure, but it worth reading. It's different in the way it's presented, and has more gore than some, not sure if that would put you off or not. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.