Thursday, December 06, 2007

Night and Day



Since y'all wanted to see the disco tree, here she is... at night, and during the day. Granted they are cell phone pics and not the greatest (especially since I don't know how to adjust the resolution on there), I think you can tell from the first one what the fibre optics look like. Yes, they really are rainbow colors: everything from green to orange to purple.

Hubby says the tree looks more like a Mardi Gras tree to him. Hm... never thought of that. But we do have mardi gras beads on it, and curls of gold ribbon. In truth, I haven't seen so much rainbow color and gold together since I played with Barbie Dolls. Didn't Barbie have a gold lame outfit with streaky things all over it back in the day? Anyway, I digress... The tree has the typical little trinkets like suncatchers, candy canes, stuffed toys on it and such. You be the judge. Disco or Mardi Gras, there it is.

I picked up a copy of Pirates 3 for Hubby, and bought a new table cloth for the season - holly berries this year. As much as I'd love to keep the table uncovered, with three males, I'm finally starting to learn it's best to throw a sheet over just about everything. :P

Ooh! I got a few books in yesterday. A couple were Xmas presents which I promptly wrapped and put away for Santa, and the last one I bought just for me. ^_^ I started reading it last night and had to MAKE myself put it down so I could get to bed at a decent time. The book is called Weirdly, and it's an anthology put together by Wild Child Publishing. It's a collection of strange tales and horror stories by a string of really good authors: Bernita Harris, Rae Lindly, James Cheetham, CT Adams and Cathy Clamp, Faith Bicknell-Brown, ME Ellis...and that's just for a start. Some stories are quite short, others span a few pages, but each one is like a different slice of reality. Not two are the same. It's like an adult version of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. A very interesting, very cool book!

Whew! Tomorrow's Friday - got to admit I am soooo ready! I am not going to lift a FINGER tomorrow! (Okay, yeah, I know. We'll see...) I still have a few things to do today, like getting the last of the storage boxes out of the closets and hauling them out to storage shed. Didn't I say I wasn't going to be the one to haul the junk out the storage shed?? Didn't I? Just a few posts back. Yeah, well...you know how that goes. *sigh* A mimi's work is never done. At any rate, I better get on it. Oldest is going to be home in another hour and a half.

Hope your Thursday is a snazzy one!

8 comments:

  1. You did. You did say that. *shakes head* You're a great mimi. :D lol

    *hugs* Loving the disco tree. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m gonna have to vote Disco Tree, as the tree is clearly Mardi Gras deficient.

    Now if there were a gaggle of sorority girls surrounding the tree singing a drunken topless version of ---Fah who for-aze! Dah who dor-aze! Welcome Christmas, Come this way---in a town known as Hoo-terville--well then clearly I’d classify it as a Mardi Gras tree--- Until that time, I’d say disco tree sans the inferno.

    And yes, you would be correct in your assessment of Barbie's wardrobe. I remember an outfit whose color was indicated as Moonstone, that'd be the one.

    be well
    jenji

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool tree, whatever you call it. My Thursday went pretty well, I worked the late shift, got some writing done over my lunch break, and ordered CDs and DVDs while sitting at the checkout/information desk. Enjoy your Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Isabelle. Oh geez... I thought I said that at some point. LOL!

    BTW, I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, Jenji. I still call it the Disco tree. So that's two votes there.

    No, no gaggle of sorority girls around the tree. But enough guys with plastic cups in their hands walk past it on weekends to give it some Mardi Gras flavor. LOL! *bead toss* ^_^

    Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, what DVDs, Ann? I just bought Pirates 3 for hubby, and a combo pack of holiday movies for the kids. Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THAT TREE!!LOL! I want one! And what is the little stuffed animal beside it? Cute!

    Yeah, as far as the storage building is concerned at least you know after it's all done, it was done the way you wanted, lol...

    Pirates 3 was good if you haven't seen it. I could look at Johnny Depp all day!

    Weirdly sounds like a good book, i'll have to check that out! Thanks for posting about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right about Pirates 3, Crystal! A good movie... and yep, me too. I could look at Johnny Depp all day. ^_^

    Oh hey, that thing under the tree is one of the Looney Tunes Tasmanian devils. Oldest picked it out when he was 3 or so, and we've used it every Xmas since. You turn a switch on underneath and he grumbles some stuff and dances. Mini is terrified of it, but it seems to keep him from the tree. *bad mommy* But I guess it's better to have the Taz as an ornament deterent than Mini messing with the tree and pulling the whole Caboodle down on his head.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.