Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Let the Holidays Begin




When I got up this morning, hubby was in terrible pain. He'd come home early yesterday and lounged around on the couch, and I figured it was only a matter of time before we ended up carting him over to see the doctor. He has a condition where a cyst will form deep under the skin near his spine, and every so often he has to go in and have it cut open. Well, it was swollen and hurting to the point he could barely get around, and when I crawled out of bed at about eight-thirty, he told me he'd called my mom and we had an appointment to get to by nine-thirty. So the morning was a blur. I dressed, searched out my cell phone, tied my hair back, left without coffee. Needless to say, I've had a nagging headache all day. To top that off, I broke my glasses Sunday evening, so that only seems to make headaches that much worse. On the otherhand, hubby is feeling much better after his little round of in-office surgery, so I guess I can't really ask for anything more than that. If hubby's feeling better, I'm feeling better.

Mom and dad are very close to having everything in line for the house. They only need to get their pre-qualify papers to the reator, and the $500 deposit to cement the offer. After that, all we have to do is wait for everything to be processed, etc. As of now, the offical closing date is January 14th. Woot!

Well, enough for me today. I've only just got home with hubby's prescriptions. I had a bit of errand running to do after I dropped hubby off from the doctor's as well, so I'm kind of tired. Only three days left to go and the holiday vacation starts for us. I'm sooooo ready...

Hope you've had a nice (and tranquil) Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad hubby's feeling better. That sounds terribly painful!

    *HUGS* Try and get some rest where you can. The holidays can be draining.

    BTW, I absolutely LOVE the pictures you put up yesterday and today. They're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cora- Is this an on going condition he'll have for the rest of his life?

    Glad he's doing better and you get your cups of coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your hubby is feeling better. Have a wonderful Christmas (I'm going out of town tomorrow, so not much internet access for a week or so).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks bunches Isabelle. Hubby is doing better today - just a bit of a grumble monster every now and again. :P

    I'm glad you like the pics! I have been over on this glitter graphic site I found through Yolanda's blog and I'm loving their fairy stuff there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal, it comes and goes. It can go for months with no flare ups, then suddenly it happens again. It's some kind of absess deep under the skin. Ick! It's sooo painful too. He handles it like a trooper, I tell ya. I'd be moaning and nearly impossible to live with if I had something like that. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes for the holidays, Ann! I hope you have a wonderful time out of town. (You will be missed!)

    Thanks so much for the well wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.