Friday, December 14, 2007

And the verdict is...


Mom and I went to view the house yesterday and the mom loved it. *faint* It's a little country house on almost an acre - and the entire thing is fenced. The community is really quiet, there is a cop that lives right down the street from that house, so I doubt much to worry about with the neighbors. The house itself is only about 20 minutes from here, and we're familiar with the area.

The realtor called us yesterday to let us know she would be a few minutes late, but that the window by the front door was open and for us to let ourselves in. LOL! Mom and I walked around the yard, checked out the workshop and chicken coup out back, then went up to the screened in porch and let ourself in through the front window. We walked through the house and she was just so excited; she kept saying "this is the one!" It was really a wonderful moment. Aside from needing a truly nasty carpet ripped out and new paint, I looked through the house for leaks and sags inside and out and the house is in great shape. It's perfect for mom and dad. When the realtor arrived to show us around, mom had already made up her mind. So... we climbed in the back of the realtor's SUV to keep from freezing to death in this sudden cold snap we're having, and MOM SIGNED PAPERS!


*confetti* Woohoo! *confetti*


This morning has been a paper chase to get all the stuff together for the loan. Mom's running me ragged calling here and there for her, but I look at it that in a month I will not have to worry any more about whether my parents have the basics covered for the future.

Good thing, though, I told mom in advance what papers she would need, and we had everything with us but the land description. I made some calls this morning and the realtor should be faxing that over to the bank shortly. Whew! What a morning! It's after noon and I'm just now sitting down with my first cup of coffee. LOL!

However, if all goes as we hope it will, we should close on the house January 12th. (On paper it says the 13th, but that's a Sunday.)We should have this all done right in time for mom and dad's 40th anniversary! Talk about a gift for all of us. *dance, dance*

So that's my big news for today. I tell ya, I had no idea when I woke up yesterday that we'd be rushing through all this. LOL! It's been kind of dizzying. I don't regret it in the least though.

Today I seriously need to clean my house - what a mess! But not until I have my coffee... ^_~ Happy Friday everyone!

8 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!!!!!! YAY Cora! *throws more confetti, blows the party whistle*

    That's awesome. You guys should be so excited. This is wonderful news. May the new year bring even more happiness and wishes coming true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture you posted is beautiful! Glad your parents finally found what they were looking for. The way it sounds is it's nice and cozy! Perfect!

    How were you doing without any coffee for that long!LOL!

    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful! I'm so happy for your family Very exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks bunches, Isabelle. It's been a heck of a year trying to find a house, so we're definitely excited about this find. (And that mom likes it, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, Crystal! By the time I realized it was going on noon and hadn't yet had my coffee, I was getting preeetty angsty. I had to take five, ignore the cell for a spell and get mah cup o' caffeine! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! That's awesome news. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks bunches, Ann! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.