Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Wisdom of Garfield

Oldest stayed home with me today; there was no school thanks to local elections. I'm sure Oldest didn't mind it one bit.

We lounged around a lot today, and around 3 or so this afternoon, I put on a stew for supper. I'd planned to spend the day wip tweaking, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Ho hum. I won't be able to break it out now until after Mini goes to bed now. I have some of it smoothed out, and I sent that on to my crit partner for a look-see, but I'm nowhere near where I wanted to be at this point. Hopefully I'll be able to makeup for any lost time this coming weekend.

On another note, tonight is supposed to be a supposed to be our first real cold snap of the year. I thought about that today while grocery shopping. It's hard to believe they already have Christmas items out, then I realize it really, truly is November. Santa time isn't very far away!

8 comments:

  1. The low for tonight is supposed to be 36, with a high tomorrow in the 60s. Yay! Up till now, we've still had the A/C on at work, and last week it got up into the 80s. Good luck with the WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I keep forgetting that kids get the day off for election day. No wonder there were so many of them crawling the bookstore yesterday. :D One girl was so cute and actually tipped me. She couldn't have been more than 15. I was like, aww. That's so sweet.

    Anyway, it has been rather frigid here too. I'm already in turtlenecks and sweaters. Not that I mind. Did you know I have a sweater in nearly every color? Ha ha. Can you say fetish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Garfield!! He IS very intelligent isn't he!:0) Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, we've been running the AC all this past week, but it got into the 30s here last night too. So, our first real night without the AC. It's still pretty cool this morning, but the sun isn't up over the yard yet. We'll see if it warms up. For right now though: Brrr... I had to pull on some fleece when I got out of bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I love, love, love that Garfield, too funny!

    We're getting into the 20s at night now, I suppose I need to get my coat to the dry cleaners. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's sweet, Isabelle. What a nice girl! (I can't help thinking a good reflection on her parents.) ^_^

    Sweaters! Now that's a cool fetish to have. I have only two. My old Kurt Cobain shabby sweater that really, really needs to go but I don't have the heart to throw it, and a blue one with argyle or some such thing on the front. I wear the same two every winter. C'est chic! LOL ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Garfield, Crystal. He's so very wise. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Samantha! Yep, seems it might be time to drag out the coats and jackets. Down into the 20s... Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^