Monday, November 12, 2007

Veteran's Day

Oy, I'm burnt out. All I want to do is veg out on the couch, but I know I have work to finish. I stayed up last night until I couldn't hold my eyes open any longer, then went to bed and sneezed for what felt like three hours straight. I remember staring at the clock around 3 am , wondering if I should just get up and try reading something. (A second later, I must've dozed again, because I darn sure never cracked a book.)

I sent off the adoption fee for a new cabbie cab this morning. She is my "spokesmodel" for today - Aaryn. I can hardly wait to see her in person! Anyway, I went up to the post office to send off for her, and found out it's Veteran's Day. I should have remembered since Oldest is home today, but it just... I don't know, but the concept didn't click until then. It would be much easier to remember if Veterans actually had a day off for Veteran's Day instead of the school kids. Everyone I saw in town was around Oldest's age, and hubby - an actual veteran - is at work.

Mom called me this morning - I was driving the boys to get an Icee - she said she found an old house in the country and was wanting to know if I'd seen it listed online anywhere. The house is empty, but there isn't a sign out front. She told me where it was, and I told her I hadn't seen any listings. I also told her if she was serious about the house she needs to go to the neighbors and ask them who owns it. I imagine she'll leave that for Dad to do. Or hubby. Or me. If no one can get over there by Friday to ask, I'll take a drive with her and go knock on the neighbor's door.
So we'll see where that leads...

Whew! Lunch break is over, and Mini is far too quiet for my liking. Silence is the sound of busy toddler fingers. :S I guess I better go see what he's doing. Hope your Monday is a bright one!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, Cora, I know what you mean. I'm exhausted too. Wasn't feeling well. Actually called out of work today. First time, so I'm feeling a bit guilty. :-\

    Either way, I hope you feel better. Get some rest if you need it. And some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, and I hope you get better soon. If it's all the same, I'm really glad you dropped by. I've had one of those days... It's great to *read* a friendly voice. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.