Friday, November 16, 2007

Things To Be Thankful For...

Mini is still not feeling tiptop, so I waited all day to run errands until my mom could drop by to watch him for about thirty minutes. She got here around 12:30, right after I'd put Mini down for a nap. I left with him napping, and did my best to be quick about getting home, but of course, as is the law of the universe: I run into every possible obstacle - from finding myself behind a sloooooooow moving tractor on the highway, to being blocked in town by a train. I made it through two errand stops before I finally gave up trying to hurry and just went with the flow of things. I made it back home around 2. So much for thirty-minutes, eh?

BTW, Mini is "driving" with his toy steering wheel in the laundry basket in that pic. ^_^

Since it's close to Thanksgiving, I thought I'd go ahead and start celebrating the season by posting some things I am thankful for:

1. I am thankful we have plenty of food. Because... I imagine our dogs are too grisley to eat at their age. (They are 12 and 14 human years old.)




2. I am also thankful for the law in the universe that says at least ONE of your friends is weirder than you. Because otherwise...


...this could very well be a picture of you, that one of your buddies found hilarious and has been mercilessly circulating around the net. ^_^

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! I will post more "thankful moments" as I come across them. Until then, Happy Friday, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Awwww, your kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mini's hair is just too cute! Sorry he's still not feeling well, isnt it funny how they can still play around even when sick..You never know when mine are feeling bad unless they say something.

    That pic of the baby and your dog is hilarious!! And don't even get me started on weird friends...but I will admit to have taken some pretty embarrassing pics in my life!

    Hope your weekend is restful..I know, can't get much rest with a sick child but hopefully he's on the mend now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, LK and Crystal! The baby in the laundry basket is mine. The second baby... I don't know who she is.

    The "funny pics were just some I came across and found amusing. ~_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute picture of Mini, hope he starts feeling better soon. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quite like the idea that one of my friends may be weirder than me. Because I'm effing weird!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.