Monday, November 05, 2007

Monday Taggage

Oy Monday... where have you gone? I got up this morning, set a pot of coffee going, cracked open the laptop, got Mini in a fresh diaper and all that jazz. When the house was still, I sat down to browse the net a few minutes, while Mini is playing in his room. I'm looking up holiday picture backgrounds and all the sudden Mini shouts from the back of the house. "Someone in baffroom, Mimi."

"No, hon. No one's in there."

A brief silence, follwed by. "EE! Mimi, Mimi, someone in baffroom!"

Oh for love of Pete... I get up to open the bathroom door for him and let him peek around to see there's no one in the house but us, when all the sudden I turn around and there is this huge honkin' SHADOW falling over the front curtains, and I can see through the thin fabric that someone is OPENING.THE.EFFING.DOOR.

*heart palpitations*

Hubby steps into the doorway with an expression on his face that says I've clearly lost my mind. "I didn't feel well," he told me. "So I came home."

Well, gee. Thanks for the call.

Hm. I guess Mini heard something after all. Only it wasn't in the baffroom. It was outside his bedroom wall - the Jeep pulling up into the yard. Next time I vow to listen. Really, I will.

Aside from that, I managed to clean up a chunk of Chapter One that has been bugging me since I started writing the contemporary. It turned out better than I thought, it's definitely less mechanical sounding when I read it. Just a bit more tweaking and I'll be ready to fork it over to my crit partner and her red pen of doom.

A few days ago, Cass tagged me over at the Midnight Moon Cafe, so here's doing... it's a "things about me" kind of meme.

Two Men I'd Love to Date if I Were Single (and they were single):
Hm, I'm not really sure, but ...
1. they'd have a job and...
2. NOT be living with their mother.

I Am Wearing Right Now...
1. white T shirt
2. jeans

Two Things I Would Want EXPECT in a Relationship:
1. faithfulness
2. mutual respect - I do NOT dig drama.

Two of My Favorite Things to do:
1. hang out with the family
2. browse eBay

Two Things I Want Very Badly At the Moment:
1. to finish this effing wip
2. to see my parents get into a new place

Two things I did recently:
1. ate Mini's Mike & Ike's (oops!)
2. watched Wonder Pets

Two things I ate today:
1. mushroom kebab
2. grilled chicken

Two people I most recently talked to:
1. Dad
2. Oldest

Two things I'm doing tomorrow:
1. editing (yik)
2. more editing

2 longest car rides:
1. from Ruston, La to Fort Jackson, SC
2. from Ruston, La to Decatur, AL

Two Favorite Holidays:
1. Halloween
2. New Year

Two Favorite Beverages:
1. Sugar Free Cranberry Splash
2. Hazelnut coffee

Two Things about me, things you may not have known:
1. I've lived almost my whole life in La. Only one year residence out of state. I was five.
2. I have a lot of scars.

Two places I have lived:
1. Louisiana
2. Texas

Two of my Favorite Foods:
1. spinach pizza
2. grilled chicken salad

Two Places I'd rather be right now:
1. Scotland
2. Iceland

4 people I think will respond:
Hm... Since I don't know who's done this or not, further taggage is optional.

Today's post is going up late. So not sure if anyone will even see it. All the same, I hope you had a happy Monday! ~.^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^