Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I am, at this very moment, waiting to put Mr. Tom in the oven. I have "thawed" this effing bird in the bottom of my fridge since Sunday, and yet I took him out to prepare him for the oven and discovered he is still full of ICE. Oh bother. I have him in the sink in cold water thawing right now, and only just managed to get his giblets out. Ah, the joys of holiday cooking, no? ^_^

I am sooo looking forward to dinner, to napping, and to Black Friday shopping the day after. I am going to really take the time to be thankful this year. This is also the first year I have PROMISED myself not to get freaked out if I still need time to do something before the parents arrive. (After all, this happens every year. I should be used to it by now.) I have also vowed no stress cooking, so if we end up eating at 3pm, so be it. Muahahahahaha! *cough* So as you can tell, come hell or highwater, I am going to have a good turkey day.

Now a special shout out to all those up late doing a turkey cooking session - I hope you have an event free go of it. :-) *gobble gobble*

4 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, Cora. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Up at midnight? Girl! I wanted to ask you, have you ever had a fried turkey before?? YUM!! They can turn out really salty though but they are good. So how did Mr. Tom turn out? Hope you had a great day and if your braving all the shoppers today, I hope you find some good deals without all the hassle!! Have a good day sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, too, Samantha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Crystal! No fried turkey for me - yet. We keep saying we're going to give it a try, but we never think to go and get the fryer kit.

    Mr. Tom turned out OK - not terrible, but not as great as last year. *lol* It's pretty much gone now. For the first time I think mom and I didn't over cook. ^_^

    How about you and the family? Hope you had a great Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^