Friday, November 02, 2007

Errand Day

lolcats and funnyƂ pictures

Woot, it's Friday! *dance, dance* I paid all the bills yesterday, so mostly I need to do a bit of banking today, pick up a few things here and there, then I'll be able to spend the rest of the day alternately writing and amusing Mini. Not bad at all! ^_^

So, what do you think? Is it a bad sign when you're working on your wip and you FALL ASLEEP? Seriously. With the laptop on your lap and everything? *_* That happened to me last night. After everyone finally made it off to bed, I determined I would sit up and write as late as possible since I have something like two sections left to fill in before I can take the whole thing and print it up.

Once the house was settled for the evening, I unplugged everything and went to lounge on the couch with my comp. I turned the TV off, tucked a pillow behind my back, kicked my feet up on the edge of the recliner - and woke up around midnight with my comp at 20% battery power left. I think I managed to write 300 words before drifting off into the sleepy zone.

Now that's one for the records, I gotta admit. I think maybe yesterday was just one of those nights when going on to bed would have been the better option. *lol* Well, today I plan to make up for it. I'm going to finish off those last few scenes. I'm gonna do it come hell or high water. I should have been doing clean up instead of filling in as of last week. Eh.

On a lighter note, I picked up a copy of Day Watch on DVD. I can hardly wait to sit down with this one! I'm pretty sure that will be the video of the evening once hubby makes it in from work.

Off for now! I hope you all have a fun Friday and a happy weekend! ^_^

6 comments:

  1. Never fallen asleep writing, but give it time. Ever since I became unemployed I've been staying up late writing!

    But, that's funny.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope I haven't fallen asleep writing but I've come close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, you need some of my brain waves. No, really, I mean it. I have to take sleep aids to turn my brain off so I CAN sleep. It's horrible. Even then, I still wake up three or four times a night. If I don't take anything to sleep, I'll keep going until I just pass out from exhaustion. Was up 72 hours straight one time and it still took me another two hours lying in bed before I dropped off. I need to get my butt to the doctor and get something that will really help me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen! Oy, I was hoping it wasn't my subconscious mind telling me "this story is super boring". LOL! This is the first time I've fallen asleep with my computer on my lap. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelley! :) I've fallen asleep reading before, but that's as close as it's been - until now. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heya Z! Oh gosh, I don't see how you do it, hon. I have trouble resting some nights, but I have to get at least 6 hours in or there's no living with me. :S

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^