Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Closing in on Turkey Day

So I woke up this morning sometime close to 9 and I wander into the dining room to find hubby at the table with his laptop. Oldest is playing games in his room, and Mini is settled down watching tv with some apple slices, and there's even a pot of coffee made. Talk about a way to start the morning! Who are these alien imposters and where is my family?

Sometime around 10ish, hubby looks over at me and says, "Isn't there some writing you need to do today?" Isn't there always? He says he wants to take the boys to the zoo - if I'll just pack the provisions.

I had Mini dressed, and a diaper bag packed in no time flat. Oldest shuffled around and got himself dressed; I didn't have to poke him with a stick even once. The minute they left, I dashed around the house, made the bed, ran a load of laundry, swept and tidied until it felt comfy enough for me to feel justified to slackass for a bit. I took my comp and sat on the couch and write something like 6 pages. Geez, I can't remember the last time I did that!

Around noon the post man showed up and he brought my new cabbage - yay! I pulled her (Aaryn) out of the box, and gasped. She is absolutely gorgeous! I checked her papers, buckled her sandals on her feet and took a few pics of her with my cell phone. (Darn, I need a good camera!)



















Aaryn is my last RCK for the year. No more new babies for me until the new edition in 2008! (Unless Santa - oh, kind, gentle, Santa - leaves one under the Xmas tree... :P) Yeah, well, I can wish. *lol*

So anyway, I managed an entire chapter today and started on another. Wahoo! Feels pretty awesome.

Tomorrow is holiday house cleaning day, and I have to make sure Mr. Tom is thawed and ready for the oven. Gotta run to the fish market too - for crawfish! Hopefully I'll have time to pull off another writing binge.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. OH!!!!!! What a day!!!!!! :D Yay for you. Sounds like fun.

    That doll is cute.

    Congrats on the progress hun. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your hubby is WONDERFUL!! Even made some coffee, now THAT is showin love;)

    I can't remember the last time I took the kiddos to the zoo, hope they had fun.

    Good job on all the writing girl! And the cabbage patch doll is too cute, I like how Aaryn is spelled.Sending good vibes to SANTA to get you more!

    Have fun cleaning the house,*urg*
    I know I have that to look forward to this evening...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new edition to the family - Aaryn. :)

    And yay for the hubby! Six pages is awesome!

    The werebear is coping rather well...but then this is really only day two since they got in so late.

    Tomorrow is the real test of endurance for the bear.

    Can one male werebear keep his cool around 13 highly opinionated, albeit illogical, flighty female witches?

    Or will he go bonkers and shift into grizzly-growly bear mode?

    We shall soon find out. ROFL.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^