Friday, October 26, 2007

FRIDAY!!

I have a paranormal flash fiction up over at the Midnight Moon Cafe today, so if you have a minute, drop by and take a peek.

Today is candy buying day, and tonight hubby and I pack for our anniversary trip. Woot!

I think we are just going to wing it. Hubby called a few minutes ago to ask about staying in Shreveport. As long as the trip is children free, I'm game. I love my doodlebugs, but oy... I need a break!

I am stuck at around 22k words on my current wip. I have a bit of a dilemma. In this story, I am seriously considering making my characters wait before they do the deed. I usually go for the first (naturally occurring) opportunity in my books to add any skin, but I think these characters are going to have the skids put on their first opportunity. Will this piss off my readers? Build tension? Simply make sense, given the fact my characters are trying to put the past behind them and move forward? It seems plausible to me, but I am also thinking this may be a bad idea with erotic romance. I guess time will tell. (And edits!)

I'm off for now. I have to gather up Mini bear and take care of a few errands. Hope you all have a pleasant Friday! ^_^

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog, glad you liked my snippet. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Flash Fiction btw. Awesome stuff.

    Yay for your Anniversary trip! I hope you have a great time! Kids are great, but yea, you need a break. :D

    Personally, I love when tension prolongs the deed. For me, it's all about the wait. It somehow makes it more explosive. :D Keep them wanting it, and you'll convince me it's not the right time, even if it IS opportune. :D Good luck hun!

    AND HAPPY FRIDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Isabelle on the waiting thing. You build up so much tension it drives the reader CRAZY! In a GOOOOD way;) I haven't read any of your books but I soon will!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.