Monday, October 15, 2007

Back To Work


It's Monday again. *groan* It was sooo hard to climb out of bed this morning. It was cool in the house for one thing, and since hubby didn't have to wake up at his normal time, we were able to sleep in a bit. Which is a good thing. I've had trouble sleeping lately, and it's starting to show.

Hubby must work late today. They're having a shutdown at work, and so he'll be pulling 16 hours. I don't envy him in the least! He took a change of clothes, some food with him, and went off to work. If he's able to come home tonight, it will be around midnight sometime. Yik!

Today I'm back working on my contemporary wip. I like the story, but I'm seriously thinking of making it paranormal. I just can't seem to give it the juice I had with my other stories. I wanted this story to work - and maybe it does. I need to send it off to my crit partner for a look see. Anyway, I think that's it. I'm a paranormal kind of gal, and this story just doesn't have the elements that typically draw me. Perhaps that's why I'm struggling with the edits. We will see. I am going to clean up another chapter today and I hope I'll be able to get excited about this story again before I do something drastic. :P

Nothing especially exciting to report here. OH! But has anyone else heard that story about the aspiring horror writer who was found with his girlfriend hacked up - bits of her in the freezer, a box of cereal, etc? If you haven't here's the link to the story: http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/10/11/mexico.slaying.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Freak. Me. Out. =0.O= Apparently the killer was writing a book on cannibalism. Whoa. Think this guy took the "write what you know" thing too far? Sort of like those people who are under the assumption that erotic writers spend most of their day in bed, and the rest writing it all down. I've been trying to keep tabs on this creepy horror guy story but haven't found much else about it. I hope they keep us posted for his sentencing.

That's it for me today. It's almost 10am and I haven't accomplished squat. Better get crackin'! Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^