Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sunday Slacking

The kids and I made root beer floats today. Mini is not much of a sweet eater, but he's been watching The Upside Down Show on Noggin whenever it's on. There is one episode the station has been playing repeatedly - much to my annoyance. It's about the two "brothers" Shane and David, trying to find ice cream to fill their ice cream cones. (Nutty concept, yes. But, hey, we are talking toddler TV.)

Mini watched us making these floats and he says, "Ice cream float, Mimi?" It blows the mind how he knew without us mentioning a word, but I told him, that yes, it was indeed an ice cream float.

I sat down with one, intending to share with Mini. It had foamed up from the root beer, and he looked skeptical. He kept watching Oldest eating his. "Is it 'licious, bubba?"

"Try a bite of Mimi's. Look, she has one," directs Oldest, and he points at me. Mini turns just in time to see me offering the spoon. Reluctantly he takes a bite, or slurp, or whatever you want to call it.

One would have thought the aliens had landed, angels had started singing, or some other miraculous thing had happened. Mini's eyes lit up. He licked at his ice cream mustache. "It's 'licious, Mimi! Daddy, bubba, it's 'licious!" And here he sings for a good 30 minutes, the 'licious power of the root beer float.

Wow, I wish that was all it took these days to give me that happy rush. That's the power of discovery, I guess. ^_^

On to other things...
I've been writing on and off today, trying to build up a good word count. I have been staying off the keypad though - I've been writing notes in a notebook, and will work from there. I'm dealing with something I'm not too sure about, so I've got to have hardcopy. It seems easier out the gate to handwrite things for this project.

Tomorrow it's back to the grind. Oldest's toe is infected again. *sigh* So one thing I've got to do is make an appointment for that. He was doing great until the toe nails began growing back. So now we're back to square one. The toes look awful - red and swollen. I'm glad he doesn't have gym this year. At least that's one less thing to worry about.

4 comments:

  1. Poor kid. What do you plan on trying next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're taking him back to the hospital. They'll remove the toenails for sure, but I'm not sure if there's anything they can do to keep it from happening again. I think hubby's going to ask if they can cauterize the nailbed so they won't grow back. Poor Oldest. He's been really suffering with his feet. I've never seen anything quite like it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Cora...Poor kid. ((hugs))
    Keep me posted, sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Cass. We called and made the appt. Can you believe they expect him to wait until Oct. 12? Pfft. It's already infected! Poor kiddo. Hubby is going to have to take him through the emergency room and pretty much force their hand. Ridiculous. But necessary.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.