Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday Begins

It's 3:23 AM. I just finished my word count quota for Friday. I didn't think I was gonna make it, but alas... I can finally go to bed now.

Update: 11:11 AM

I'm dragging this morning, but I am so utterly in writer's zen right now I think I can stand the tiredness a few more hours. :P

Hubby woke me up around 7 while he was fishing for clothes. He was already dressed, and digging around for something presentable to take Mini to the tool store in. Oldest was still piled in bed, and I got up to make sure he was up in time to go with his dad to Ruston.

I crept back to bed while they stirred around, and slept for about another hour, then I got up a second time and decided that if I were to accomplish anything, I better get with it. Otherwise, I knew I'd be completely worthless for the rest of the day. My typing has been utter crap all morning, but I still forced myself into the writing chair once the guys left. It was more difficult that in sounds.

It's a little after 11 now. I'm brewing coffee, and I could do freaking cartwheels at the moment because I applied rump to chair and NOW HAVE matched my weekend writing goal. *dance, dance, wiggle, wiggle*

Tomorrow my mom is taking both boys off my hands, so that will make an additional day for uninterrupted writing. I'm dancing (precariously) on Cloud 9. I don't plan to break out the champagne any time soon. Still a ways to go until then...

In the mean time, I shall celebrate with another 4 minute dance break - although I promise not to dance like the people in the clip. Because that would just be embarrassing. And you should never take your celebrating too far. :P



The Warrior, by Patty Smyth and Scandal. OMG, I remember this from when I was, like, in the fourth grade! *_*

It's sort of like a low rent version of Cats, don't you think? ^_^

Happy Saturday!

10 comments:

  1. I'm in fuzzy head mode today. If I tried to write I'd fail.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family let me take a nap. I was eternally grateful -- and now they're letting me alone to write. And post comments on blogs.

    I'm glad you met your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved this song!

    But, ahem, I was a little older then 2nd grade. ;-)

    I love your discipline Cora, I've really been struggling with that lately, so I'm duly impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive been sleeping nearly all weekend. This weather change has my allergies a mess. Argh.

    Great 80s flashback. You're like an 80s party queen. Ha, ha.

    After days of not knowing what the heck I'm going to do about my WIP, I finally got struck with an idea. :D So let's hope something comes of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man... I remember that video on MTV. And the big hair, and the fashion... Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, ME. Long time no see. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann, would they still leave you alone if they knew you were posting comments on blogs? Hehehe... ^_^

    One of my hubby's favorite phrases is this: Are you working in there? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved that song too, Samantha. I'd forgotten how cheesy the video was, though, until I viewed the clip.

    I used to think Patty Smyth was the ultimate in tough chic. Now I see that video now and think: she was one of my role models. ROFL! ^_^

    Sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment. Hang in there. We all hit those rough patches where we either can't or don't want to write. I just got off one of those myself.((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, Isabelle - the allergy thing must be nuts right now. I can only imagine what must be floating around in the air. I'm off to the doctor today for my allergies. I've been sneezing and snorting and rubbing my eyes until I can't stand it anymore. I'm hoping my doctor will be a gem and give me a bunch of shots and send me home. The Claritin just isn't cutting it.

    Glad to hear you've got an idea for your story! *pom swish* How's that new dream job going?

    ReplyDelete
  10. TK!! Hey, wasn't Patty's makeup hot in that video? ^_^ I guess I shouldn't joke. I was way into the crazy eyeshadow back in the day. I blame Alonna Curie from the Thompson Twins. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.