Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Rainy Day Tuesday

The contemporary wip is going well. I added close to 2k to it today. A miracle I could write anything on it, really. I have had a screaming headache since early this morning. I knew I should've made that pot of coffee!

Overall I'm pleased with the direction of the story, it's a bit patchy at the moment, as my 1st drafts tend to be. Hubby has been an angel, occupying Mini this past week while I write. It's amazing the word count you can pull off when you don't have to stop every few minutes, or have someone on your lap while typing. I love the writing freedom, as it were, but know I'd miss Mini if he weren't here daily - ei, at kindergarten or at play school. I know the time will come for that eventually, but I'm admittedly NOT ready for it now. Babies grow up far to fast as it is. I'll keep him home with me as long as I can.

I am, however, enjoying hubby's assistance. I hope I can get through one whole story before he is called back to work, which will probably be sooner rather than later. He's been asked to go to a job in Nebraska - yikes! - and he's also considering one in Texas, but to work there, will have to get a special license first. All that is to be seen though... I'm not sure what hubby's plans are. We haven't really sat down and discussed it yet.

The "dream home" owners are still remodeling the house. They are supposed to call us once they have the appraisals in hand. We've driven past the house a few times this month, and each time, the man is out there with his work trailer. I do believe they've been laying down flooring. I'm curious to see what they've done to the place. Also, there is the house with the red door close to the park, still available should the dream house fall through. And we now have a third house - a traditional 2 story with red shutters. So I do think once things fall into place, hubby and I will be ready to settle on a house. I read in this Sunday's Shreveport Times that Louisiana foreclosures are up 90% over the summer. I can't help wondering where those purported houses were/are while we've been looking.

That's it for today. It's been a rainy, sleepy, lazy day. Not too shabby at all. ~_^
Hope you had a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.