Thursday, September 20, 2007

Problem Solving Skills

It's Thursday again - woohoo! I just cleared the midway point in my current wip, so I'm taking a much needed coffee break.

I have kept on writing despite knowing the beginning of this book will have to change in order to fit the story. Boy, that sucks. But I figured it would be best to get the word count in there before I start stripping whole scenes out and rewriting them. I mean, either way, this thing is going to need mega edits before I can submit it anywhere. Might as well have enough words in there so something is left when the reconstruction begins...

After shelving the demons the other day, I realized I have an open writing schedule for the rest of the year. What's a girl to do? BuY a ToN oF BoOkS, that's what! ^_^

Some call that leisurely reading *cough* slacking. Some call it market research. Either way, it is what it is. A lot of books and the proposed hours it will take to make it all the way through each and every one of them. Muahahaha!

Thirteen Things I Really Need To Do Today (But I'm still gathering my motivation at this point...)

1. Put away the laundry - It's.Bothering.Me.
2. Recharge the Dremel
3. Write another 1000 words
4. Find Mini's other shoe - blasted gnomes!
5. Dust the utility room - wipe down the washer and drier
6. Dig for the Halloween decorations
7. Go to the post office
8. Put away the stack of CDs on my desk
9. Call the pharmacy
10.Clean out the fridge
11.Hang fresh curtains
12.Make the beds
13.Add more water to the fish bowl

The good thing about this list? Tomorrow it will be done and I won't have to worry about any of it. :P

Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a full day ahead of you. Wow. Yeah, I should clean the house, but heck, it can wait. :)

    http://moondancerdrake.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a full day ahead of you. LOL sounds a bit like my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get everything done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx for stopping by. Crap... laundry....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh Reading!!! I'm definitely one of those people that calls it "research". I mean, hey, we gotta know what good writing is versus bad writing and the only way to get a real feel for what we like and what's out there is to READ READ READ!!!

    Let us know what recs you have when you're done. I do MOST of my book shopping through recs. Especially now with my B&N discount! Woot!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.