Monday, September 03, 2007

Monday In Vain

Today Hubby and I took a drive to look at the backup house - our newest second choice house - in case the dream house falls through a 2nd time. I don't like how close it is to the neighbors, but the house itself is nice and roomy, and has been completely remodeled.

It was built in 1910, and is a story and a half. To look at it, it looks like a newly built home. They've added vinyl siding, a new roof, brand new plumbing, wiring, and central H/A. The yard is a good size, large enough to add in a storage shed, guest house, and pool. Of course, I'd want a privacy fence that goes ALL THE WAY around the property, if we were to move there.

The Pros with this house: we'd be in the same school district, and while it is farther out, it is walking distance to the local playground, which is shaded and has picnic tables as well. Two cops live just a few streets over in either direction. It's walking distance to several convenience stores. Also, I wouldn't have to have fits with the neighbors about my dogs barking - apparently everyone lets theirs run loose, collared and licenced, up and down the street. (So, definitely will have to have two custom dog fences built if we move there.)

The Cons: It's in a close quarters neighborhood - the houses have very little space between them. You can look at the front yard of the 2nd house and see the neighbor's trash in their back yard. (Yet another reason for a privacy fence.) It's 15 miles to the nearest town and hospital.

Time will tell. It is just a backup plan house. I'm still looking forward to seeing the appraisal on the dream house. Hopefully something will work out there.

Tomorrow Hubby has errands to run along with my dad, so I plan to do a bit of writing while he's away. Mini will be here, but he'll usually play at my feet while I write. Now that he's a little older, he tends to pacify himself with his trucks for a short jaunt while I'm working.

That's it for me today. It's almost 10 and I need to rush Oldest off to bed - he has school tomorrow. Hope yours was a good Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^