Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hump Day ... Pastries

For the past week and a half I have been totally fiending for carbs. Doughnuts, in particular. Is it the diet? Is it the cooler weather? Whatever it is, I got up yesterday morning and it was a huge test of willpower to keep from hopping in the Jeep and taking a drive up to Donut King. I have no doubt I could have plowed through a half dozen raspberry filled gems. Well, okay, maybe not that many. Two is about my limit before I start getting "sugar sick", but you know what I mean.

Despite the mad cravings, I managed to steer clear of Donut King, and raspberry filled donuts. I'm proud of myself for that, but I am wary of having to run into town later in the week - it's just so darn easy to go through the D/K drive through. There should be a law against the building of such a thing. :P

Anyway, most of my day is going to be spent rewriting and editing. The story itself isn't too bad, but I've got to try and get that word count up. I meant to complete an entire chapter yesterday, but didn't get around to it. So that is my goal for the day - one whole chapter complete and ready to go. I'd hoped to have the story entirely completed by October 1st, but I can tell right now it's going to take probably a good two weeks after that to have it polished enough for submission. Ho hum. I guess the point is not to rush it, just to finish it.

With that in mind, I think it's time for another 4 minute dance break. (This one is actually just a little over 2 minutes. Heh.) I've had this song stuck in my head for the past few days. My favorite REM song EVER: Swan Swan H



Happy Hump Day!

5 comments:

  1. My favorite R.E.M. song is "Everybody Hurts." As far as donuts, I haven't had one in over a year. My downfall of the moment is ice cream. My cousin told me to try the Banana Pudding flavored ice cream by Blue Bell. It is SOOOO good. Sorry, I'm drooling...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh. Don't get me started on donuts. I had a scone this morning and nearly felt like throwing it back up, thinking about the calories I'd just injested. *sigh* Why? Why can't they be light as air and yummy as raspberry filled goodness?

    ;) Don't worry, you will most certainly finish! Keep working, keep writing. Sometimes you just have to find your flow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Demon hunter, that is eeeevil. I love ice cream. I'm a minty person myself. I like peppermint, and mint chocolate chip. Both are especially good when combo'd with a scoop of dark chocolate fudge ice cream. *drool* Now I want ice cream too. LOL!

    REM is one of my fave bands. I love their older stuff best, but I don't know of too many of their songs I don't like. Everybody Hurts is one of those really great song. (I liked the video for that one too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isabelle, I had a glazed donut this afternoon. I feel so darn guilty. It wasn't even raspberry filled - they didn't have any! I know, I know... I should be flogged for cheating. -_-*

    Thanks for the pep talk on writing. I really need it right now. I sat down with the wip today and said "Bleck!" It's so mess I hate to even touch it. But I know I'm gonna have to at some point. Hopefully I'll have it all out of the way in the next 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that song!

    Good for you with the donuts, you are sooooo much stronger than I am, but as of today, I'm back on my diet- LMAO -and we'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.