Thursday, August 02, 2007

Summer Colds and Thursdays

Sorry I haven't blogged in a day or so. I've come down with Mini's cold, and haven't been feeling well.

At least he's feeling better. That makes it more tolerable. Oldest, on the otherhand, has been staying up until the wee hours of the morning gaming, then spending the days at art camp - which is making him tired and grumpy. I had to give him fair warning in the parking lot of the grocery store after camp today. He started in with the teenage ranty stuff, and I had to warn him off my case. Not too hard to do after I gave him the look imparting bodily harm should his attitude continue uncorrected.

He got in a better humor, and we went grocery shopping - bought just enough things to make it through to Saturday, as well as a box of sinus/allergy pills to keep me from appearing on the 11 o'clock news tonight. Both the kids picked out yummies from the freezer section for tonight. Thank the gods for microwave dinners!

While resting yesterday evening, I picked up Oldest's copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. So far so good. I'm about 250 pages in, and hopefully tonight I'll be able to read a bit more - if I can stay awake that long. And if Mini rests well. I've been looking forward to this book for a while, and after this one I have a Claudia Dain I must read for a review. So here's hoping I can get a little quite time in on this one.

Tonight hubby and I have more paperwork to fill out. We have the documents/proof of income and other stuff to take to the bank, and once all that is in, they will look it over and hopefully send an appraiser out to the house that we hope to buy. Oooh, for better or worse, I hope it goes by fast, fast, fast! Oldest starts school on the 17th, and I hope to have the preliminaries out of the way by then.

Now for the Thursday 13...I think I'll keep it light this week.

Thirteen of my favorite summer car trip CDs: (directly from my carry case)

1.) Sublime - Sublime
2.) Bob Marley - Legend
3.) Tom Petty - Wildflowers
4.) Rancid - And Out Come the Wolves
5.) The Cult - The Cult
6.) No Doubt - Return of Saturn
7.) Sonny Landreth - Outward Bound
8.) Alice in Chains - Unplugged
9.) Sum 41 - Does This Look Infected?
10.)Stone Temple Pilots - Core
11.)Misfits - Walk Among Us
12.)Bryan Adams - So Far So Good
13.)System of a Down - Toxicity

And there is my

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff. I think Return of Saturn is one of No Doubt's best CDs. I play it all the time. I haven't heard Tom Petty in forever. *does music search*

    I hope you feel better!!! *sends well wishes* Get rest! Drink tea and have some chicken soup. Summer colds are the worst. So icky and uncomfortable. We miss you round here. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the well wishes, Isabelle. I do feel tons better today. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^