Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Something Different

Hubby sent me this picture from work yesterday. It's part of the set of a Jessica Simpson movie being filmed here in Louisiana.

The set, I'm told, is made up to look like parts of Fort Jackson, SC, which is where my husband went to basic training and AIT. You see Victory Tower in a lot of military movies, like in Rennaisance Man (Danny DeVito, Mark Wahlburg) where they have to climb the huge wooden tower with rope bridges on it, then repell down the flat side of it using ropes. That's the real Victory Tower, that's in Fort Jackson.

No Victory Tower here in La., but apparently they've made something to look similar to it. They've set it up in a way so they can film it so it looks vastly larger. That's movie magic for you. ^_^

It got soooo hot yesterday, I very nearly went out and bought another air conditioner. The heat index is like 111. Or something like that. I checked our back yard fur baby throughout the day, and made sure all around they had water. I also called and checked on mom, and dad and hubby at work - especially since they have to work out in that heat. We've definitely got to get a new top for the Jeep. The back glass won't zip on anymore, and when you ride, the wind hitting you is like having a hair dryer turned on high blowing in your face. The air isn't cool at all; it's stifling.
On to writing things...
I'm about to hit a long writing jag on my wip today - I've been slacking a bit lately, so I'm looking to make up for lost time. I want to put out at LEAST two more books this year. But if I'm going to do it, I need to get crackin'!

That's it for me today. I better get the laundry in the dryer before it gets too hot out. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.