Friday, August 10, 2007

Live From Vicksburg

Hubby came home this afternoon and asked where I wanted to go. I was washing my hair when he asked me this, and I said, "What do you mean?" He said he called his boss, took off for the weekend, so it was time to load up the kids and GO.

I quickly packed a few bags, washed dishes, set up the dogs with plenty of water and kibble, and when Mini woke from his nap we hopped in the Jeep and took off. We decided to make a run to Jackson - do some browsing here and there. Since we left so late in the day and we didn't want to brave tooling around Jackson afterdark, we decided to spend the night in Vicksburg. We drove by the battlements, viewed the river, then went down the interstate a bit and got a hotel room for the night. Hurray for wireless!

Mini has had a blast exploring the hotel room, and I think Oldest is about to hop out to the pool. It's almost 8:30pm, but the pool stays open til 10. I'm about to lounge across the bed and write for a while. Tomorrow - shopping before we hit the road! ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your little vacation! You all need it! :) Well, except Mini. At his age, life is a vacation (until he starts kindergarten). *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time for all. Hope you have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^