Tuesday, August 07, 2007

It Wasn't Me!

I have a mountain of laundry I'm slowly chipping away at this morning. The day after sheets and blankets day is the worst - there always seems to be excess clothes!

Aside from the laundry detail, it's been a nice, quiet morning. Mini is jammin' to the Backyardigans, and in a few minutes I'll have to wake up Oldest so he can break out the lawnmower. The yard inside the dog fence looks a bit like a contained jungle - time to give it a snip.

I am counting the days until hubby's job ends. We talked about vacation plans last night, and I'm not really sure where we should go. We talked about going to Six Flags, but since hubby hates going on the rides, and Mini is too small for them, that kind of defeats the purpose, in my opinion. So we're still debating.

Today it's demons and laundry for me. Toward the afternoon I have to drag the oldest furbaby into the tub and give him a wash. Oi, the dog is not going to be happy with me when he realizes the bathwater running is for him. (That's not him in the pic, btw. If only my dog was that tiny!)

Not sure what it is, but our dogs seem to have some kind of psychic understanding the minute we start the taps running that they are about to get dunked. Then the war begins. I imagine it will take both me and Oldest to drag Sir Fuzzy Buns into the bathroom. He digs his toenails in when you start guiding him toward the hallway of doom. :P

That's it for me. Time to tackle laundry. Hope you have a snazzy Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about laundry. It seems neverending. I wouldn't be surprised if the moment I emptied the laundry bin, more clothes just magically reappeared. I swear that's how it works.

    That dog in the pic is adorable. lol What kind of dog do you have, Cora?

    ReplyDelete
  2. *LOL* My dog used to hide under the beds when he heard us getting his bathing stuff. We would try to get him from under the beds with no luck sometimes. He was small, but he could bite. So we'd be forced to use a lot of physical force on a tiny Chihuahua.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call the dog spa after washing the dog at home once. Just once. I'll never do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isabelle, our doggies are mutts, pretty much. The oldest is a border collie lab mix, and the other is a pit bull. They are both senior dogs - about 13 years. They mostly sleep, and do a daily jog, but that's about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. TK, that's what my dad had for a long time - a chihuahua. I can verify that whole bite thing. :S LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, that would be awesome to take the furbabies to the groomers! It's such a hassle though to get them collared, leashed and in the jeep. I really wish they had one of those mobile groomers around here... that would so rock. Have you ever tried one of those?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I love that picture. The last dog I had loved the water until she had her first bath. After that, I couldn't get her near the baby pool.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.