Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hazy Thoughts

Yesterday Hubby and I put Mini in his car seat and drove around the lake - which is only about 5 minutes from our house. We dipped off down these roads we've never bothered to check out in the 10+ years we've lived here. It was more of an adventure drive than anything, but we did note the way the houses are arranged out there - too darn close to one another. You could barely see the lake in certain subdivisions because of the bloody boat houses. Even with the upper scale homes, if the yard is cluttered, it tends to be an eyesore.

There was a place or two for sale out there, well out of our price range, mind you, but we looked all the same. We found our way down to the shabbier end of the lake - where the roads are no longer maintained by the parish. At one point a deer jumped out in front of the Jeep. Thankfully the hubster had the brakes serviced this past Monday or we might've been in trouble. No worse for wear, we finally did a turn about and came back home. It was a nice drive, but we came no closer to finding whatever it is we're looking for.

Hubby and I will be going to a house viewing this afternoon. We're not too familiar with the subdivision, but it's worth a look. After that, I hope to take a walk through the antique store. I bought an aqua blue shelf that hubby swore wasn't worth the paint coating it, but I brought it home, sawed the legs down, and it turned out to be a very sturdy, functional piece. I plan to paint it a deep, cherry brown, or maybe a barn red, and put it in my doll room. I have a heap of soft sculptures I hope to display on it. For now, it's standing in the dining room, holding a fan and parts to a quilt top I plan to finish this evening.

Now we're down to the business end of it...

Thirteen Yummy-licious Foods I Really Need to Avoid: stuff currently on my banned substance list (at least til I drop 10 pounds)
1.)chocolate coated bing cherries
2.)Oreo cookies
3.)Reece's peanut butter cups
4.)Otis Spunkmeyer's chocolate, chocolate-chip muffins
5.)pizza - of any kind
6.)lasagna - of any kind
7.)boxed breakfast cereal - Pops, especially
8.)Funyuns
9.)Blue Bunny ice cream sandwiches
10.)Nutella Hazelnut spread
11.)cookie dough *wimper*
12.)Sonic tater tots with cheese *moan*
13.)Jalapeno poppers with ranch

Geez, I do believe I am a masochist....
Happy T13, everyone! =^_^=

10 comments:

  1. You might try the fruity Cheerios if your truly jonesin for something sweet, they've got half the sugar and Cheerios are supposed to help lower the cholesterol. Great list, except now I'm hungry *g*. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I went to sonic last night and went completely overboard on their onion rings!

    Totally forgot it was Thursday. :( I really need to get back to doing the TT

    Yours was great, made me hungry, but it was great. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh Reeses! I love them. Yeah I should avoid them too *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live near Lake Tahoe and the houses ruin it for me. Everyone lives next to each other. Too many houses. Too much traffic. Rich people slap "Keep Tahoe Blue" stickers on their BMWs and get all uptight about enviromental causes. But I just shake my head. Why do they think Tahoe is threated? Golf courses and new constuction. If I could live on a lake, I'd find one that no one else lived on so I could put my home up on the water's edge and see nothing but lake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip, Ann. I do love the yogurt Cheerios. I should get a box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sonic onion rings are the devil. Same with those tater tots and cheese. It's a conspiracy, I tell you! :-o

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mechele, Reeses are my fave. *whimper* I've been really craving them the last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you on that, Annalee. No BMWs here that I've seen, mostly upper middle class on this end of the lake, so each house probably has less than an acre it's sitting on. Very cramped looking. Not attractive at all. The houses might be nice, but what good is it if you can't see the lake?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't find Reese's peanut butter cups here.

    But I hear you on the chocolate covered cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG. Reading your list just about made me cry. Ha, ha. I feel that way, like all the time. Ha, ha. I'm off some of those goodies for life. *sigh* Slow metabolism.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.