Friday, August 03, 2007

Friday Once Again

I finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows today. I won't unleash any spoilers here - I hate spoilers - but I will say that I loved the book. The ending met all my expectations, and I didn't walk away disappointed, or feeling like anything was left unfinished. What a relief! *lol*

I have a bit of writing to do over the weekend, and then come Monday I need to start reading a book for review. It looks like it will be a good one, so I'm looking forward to that. I do have to whip the demons into shape and finish them this month - happy with them or not. I have proposed to have them in by the end of August/early September, so I will strive to do that. To be honest, I'll be happy to set them loose out of my hands.

On Thursday evening, a rare book arrived to me from England. I happened across an affordable copy at an online bookstore a few weeks ago. = an OOP book called Dictionary of Demons by Fred Gettings. It's considered one of the best books on the subject, and looking through it, I can see why. I heard there's an error in it - something falsely attributed or reported about Crowley, but I didn't get the book for his purpose. I figure anyone wanted to know about Crowley can find that information just about anywhere. Overall, it's an amazing book with full color plates, and photos and diagrams. And since it's arranged much in the way of a dictionary or encyclopedia, everything is handy, and very easy to find. Great research material for my current project. There are a few things I intend to cross reference before subbing my story.

No great plans this weekend. I hope hubby and I can run off to the bank sometime Saturday. They are rounding out that project at work, and his office trailer will go off rental on Monday. Hubby has to call and take care of all that. We do not know where his next project will be. There has been some talk about them sending him to Iowa, but I'll believe it when I see it. In the meantime, we need to do what we can to hurry and get in a new house. If hubby is sent off somewhere, it may be a while before he can return home. That can be a problem in the face of paperwork. So we've got to work fairly fast.

Aside from all this, all seems right in the world. Mini is over his cold, I'm feeling better, and Oldest seems to have hit the cold's peak. I'm sure by tomorrow he'll be feeling much better too.

That's all for me today. I am going to go curl up on the couch and watch Dracula 2000. I thought for sure I'd have bought or rented 300 by now, but alas...

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Harry Potter 7 didn't disappoint me one bit. *wg* I loved it. It dragged a bit in the middle, but once the war started... WOW!!! I'm sad of some of the characters that died though.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.